Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey, a new problem, suprise for me again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, a new problem, suprise for me again!!

i don't know if bad luck just follows me or just became my new best friend but here's the deal. my f'in shifter fell through the floor!! WTF!!! not the stick itself, the whole deal that holds the stick up. the plate decided to fall down and now the stick and the linkage rest on the the exhuast. the funny think is, i can see the damn ground. what the hell do i do???!! my car hesitates and i have to pull the shifter up to shift. i suck and im gonna blow my little car up. ive had it!!
    i hate being broke!

ive heard of lotsa ppl with this problem.. i hear it comes from resting yer hand on yer shifter when yer driving.. but im not 100% about it
    Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
    -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
    -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
    -B&M Short Throw Shifter
    -MX-3 GS front seats
    -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
    (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

get a welder
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

had that problem too, what i did was molded some epoxy to hold it on both sides, then i tied a rope around the cylinder part that holds the shifter and spring,etc.....and then tied it to the knobs around the shifter area and it holds fine. Problems happen to everyone man, everyone flips out, but i'm sure you love your protege,haha.Peace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Replace the spring and two plastic pieces
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah, mine did that also. I broke it when I installed my kartboy ss. It's a pretty easy fix, but takes a bit of time and a trip to the junkyard. There is a rubber piece with two tabs on either side that holds the shifter assembly up, chances are one or both of these tabs broke off on you. I'll try to explain what needs to be done.

First follow this how-to by GroHarlem to step 12.
            Remove the 4 bolts holding the shifter stabilizer bar to the car. (found inside the car)
            Crawl back under the car and remove the 14mm bolt securing the stabilizer bar to the tranny. Use this how-to also by GroHarlem for some help with that. Also there is a picture of the part you are removing at the top of that page.
            Now comes the tricky part, removing the bar from the car. I had to drop the exhaust and rest it on the rear axle. Just remove the exhaust system from the rubber hangers from the back to the middle one. Becareful not to damage the pipes. Now you should be able to work the bar off of the car.
            Replace the old one with the good one you pulled from the junkyard and follow steps in reverse to bolt it back up.
            Yay! Your done and the shifter should not be resting on the exhaust anymore!

Good luck.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i had both plastic pieces and mine still fell through
              i took some screws and put them throught the first layer of metal and under the lip of the piece that falls through... i edged out the frame where the screws were so it bolted up flat.... it will never fall down now.... i can rest my hand on the shifter all i want now without anyworries.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

LoL damn. I know its not funny..but Dayuum

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

thanks for the help Marc. i thought that i was the only fool who had this happen to them. my friend said i'd probably have to remove the exhuast and weld the plate back up. when i looked at it, it looked like it was clipped on both sides w/ some metal clips or something from the factory. either way, i just had to vent, then find some solutions. it wasn't too funny at first, but then i said as is life. thanks yall, hopefully i could figure this **** out.
                  i hate being broke!

Comment

just go to the junk yard and get urself another one...
                    I think i've seen most of ur post and u always bitchin about ur car. Well here's a news for u.
                    how about if u use all that money that u spend on ur interior, 12" subs or wutever and arospeed muffler for an engine replacement so u can stop complaining about ur car!

Comment

wow, sorry for venting about my slow ass car, and being too broke to sink more money in this pit. like most of us on this bored, i cant just go out and by a bp, or turbo the **** out of one. most of my mods were $30 bucks and below/free, and they came from my car before, and they also came one at a time(like most people). sorry for venting about my bastard car!! most of the stuff that i bitch about, are new to me, and i appreciate all the help that i can get, considering im new to tuning/and fixing a protege. most of the cars that ive driven/owned/fixed have never had the damn shifter fall through the floor. thanks for all the constructive critisism 1ofdew323, next time ill save valuable thread space for someone else to vent.
                      i hate being broke!

Comment

Working...
                      X