Name that Part!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that Part!!!

Ok, so while struggling with my alternator I somehow broke these 2 little fittings. If you look right down to your alternator, to the right of it you will see 2 little sensor looking pieces, one has a line with yellow dots on it connected to it, and the other which is right next to the first one, has a line with red dots on it. Anyways, I broke the hose fitting on these sensor looking parts. ANd I have no idea what the name of these little pieces are. THANKS 1 Million to anyone who can help me out!!
    Eat ****.

They are the VICS (Variable Inertia Charging System) solenoids. I broke mine too. I got some new ones at a junkyard for about $5. They control the vacuum that is sent to the VICS actuator to open the butterfly valves on the intake at 5000 RPM to keep your torque band higher for longer.

What do I win for getting the correct answer?

"Mazderati"
    91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
    Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
    Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
    AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

a big hug, and a star sticker.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

So why didn't you remove the VICS solenoid 1st before removing the altenator. The manual tells you that.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

cuz my manual didnt say anything about removing that. I replaced one, but I left one line off, and my car definately dosent feel as powerful...guess thats the reason why huh!
          Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
          X