No announcement yet.

alternator upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110amp mpv alternator!!! search for my thread on it.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

isn't this the thread? otherwise i see no others
      Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
      262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
      ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

couple post back a member was talking about making brackets for GM alt. You can get a high output alt. for a low cost by using a gm alt. heck a 105 amp alt brand new is only like $80 and a 140amp alt for around $150. Why 140 amps? For the stereo , A/C , power accessories , higher wattage lights , added driving lights(or fog) etc,etc.. and so the computer and ignition arent fighting everthing else for thier slice of voltage heaven.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

is that 140amp alt for around $150 without a core?

...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Originally posted by Devl323
            is that 140amp alt for around $150 without a core?

Yes no core.

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

this link is dead.... any other pages on higher output alternator swaps?
              any pros and cons you guys know of when doing that?
              i read that if underdrive pulleys are swapped for lighter aftermarket ones it would be sensible to upgrade the alt.
              would i need to fabricate anything to fit a millenia or mpv v6 alt. on a BP motor?
              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

thats a bomb ass deal.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                  thats a bomb ass deal.
                  lol, just need to fab a bracket up
                  2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Got the wheels turning huh !

Comment

so not as easy as the mx3 v6 alt. swap huh??

Comment

so not as easy as the mx3 v6 alt. swap huh??
                        Not as easy unless you have some brakets made up......HINT HINT

Comment

I had my 65 AMP alternator rebuilt to 100 AMPS by a local guy. It helped a lot.

..............And, check this out:

Comment

what did the rebuild cost you? i've gotten quotes here around $100 to re-wind the 65A alt.
                            wonder if making brackets would be less expensive in the long run... hint received purewhite (hehe i didn't get an engineering degree for nothing)

Comment

what did the rebuild cost you? i've gotten quotes here around $100 to re-wind the 65A alt.
                              wonder if making brackets would be less expensive in the long run... hint received purewhite (hehe i didn't get an engineering degree for nothing)
                              When you get some done let me know I would be interested in purchasing a set or two.

Comment

It cost me $100.

Which isn't a bad deal at all, considering I had a basically new alternator after the rebuild. The price of a rebuild blows away the cost of a remanufactured alternator.

Comment

Working...
                                X