Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low low low rpms...

Hey all,

My beauty lil' protege is doin something funny... It seems that whenever I'm decelerating, and get close to stopping (30-20km/h and under) the rpms will continue to go down with the speed almost to the point of stalling (around 200-100rpm)... when I come to a complete stop the rpms will bounce back up but the car HAS stalled from doing this before... it idles around 500-700 rpm usually... any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

peace
    Driven by my soul
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Streetlights streaking through my sight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is Protege
    ~~~~~~~~~

Show me a Protege that DOESN'T do this. Don't worry about it.....

Comment

Did you post about this before???? try turning your idle a little tiny bit higher... do you have a manual or auto...
      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Mine doese it also... I think it is a problem with the idle controll valve. Sometimes my car dies if I am stopped and I shut off my a.c.
        Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
          Did you post about this before???? try turning your idle a little tiny bit higher... do you have a manual or auto...
          I do believe I posted this before, but I think I added it on to a seperate topic, and it didn't really get answered. And instead of resurfacing a dead thread, I decided to post anew.

I do drive a manual, and I will try turning up the idle, I'll make sure it's in diagnostic mode, I remember there being a long thread about it. I'll refer to it for instructions.

thanks
          peace
          Driven by my soul
          ~~~~~~~~~~~
          Streetlights streaking through my sight
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Life is Protege
          ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
            Word.
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            AIM: DVS 323BPT
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
              my car has NEVER had this problem....no matter how hard i drive it or how soft i drive it i have never had that problem......i can take my car to redline and push in the clutch and let off the gas and it still doesnt.......altho when my fuel filter stats to go bad my cars rpm's drop then go back up.....try changing your $7 fuel filter.....
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.