turbo oil lines... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo oil lines... again

Ok so from what im understanding the holes on the block for oil and coolant supply have bolt threads, correct? And the banjo bolts available from mazda dealer have hose fitting ends right?

Is there a way to adapt these to NPT? I'm not really fond of running rubber hoses for oil (well neither for coolant really) so i'd like some more serious stuff (like braided lines which use NPT ends)

Thanks

Not sure if their NPT or not, just take the bolt to an automotive shop that sales barb fittings or home depot has em too. I would know but I havent got ss lines for the oil yet, I plan too though. You know where the bolts are at right? Well if you do, the higher one is the coolant and vica versa for the oil.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

what's wrong with using rubber hoses?
      Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
        what's wrong with using rubber hoses?
        i dunnow, something about hot pressurized oil run through rubber hoses that aren't really sitting tight. Plus all in all rubber hose prices are about the same as braided stainless steel lines.

Well, the threads on the holes (as i know) use standard metric bolt sizes. which aren't the same as npt.

Comment

so i'm taking noone has any ideas

i found some at mcmastercarr, but those don't come with the right pitch

Comment

Working...
          X