Early backseat cushion into late BG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early backseat cushion into late BG.

Hello. I have a 1992 323 now to replace my 1991 323 that got wrecked. I'm wanting to keep my early style EGT seats with the notched pegs, but they don't work natively with the later style.

Just in case I find a good condition MX-3 interior someday, I'd like to non-destructively remove the late style black oval clips from the sheet metal and screw in my old style white button clips instead. I can't figure out how they are held in there. My FSM only shows the early style.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by me109; 07-27-2022, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added pictures.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Ok, I got them out intact. The late style just clips in. I poked and pried until it popped out. Surprised me when it didn't break. Just need to get some self-tapping screws tomorrow and I'll have the interior ready to go.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Comment

Wait the mx3 rear seats fit right in?

Comment

I think so. On the hatchback. Sedan has different mounting points for the seat back.
        Last edited by me109; 12-13-2022, 01:39 PM. Reason: To clarify what I said.
        1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Comment

Working...
        X