Should i....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i....

Paint my engine bay black while i got the motor out? Ive got a new heart going in this weekend.....and i was just gonna clean the crap out of the bay, but than i had an idea of just spray canning the bay black..to make it look a little cleaner. Suggestions?

are you going to be spraying the car a new color? if so yes. if not then no don't one color is best. <-- why i did all my budy work before finishing the 323-egt progects motor install.

NEUMAN

Comment

next is paint, same color..just a respray..my hood is black against my own will. but im sort of thinking of just break out the simply green and the pressure washer, and spray that bitch spotless.

Comment

To get any decent paint on there you gotta clean it anyway.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

i think it would look better if you kept it emerald...i cleaned the hell out of mine with the engine in, and the paint shines...if you really want to go hardcore you should wax it when you're done washing...that would probably look real good

Comment

I sort of regret not cleaning mine while I had the motor out...but then again, I don't really care...my engine bay is black, the grime blends in.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Eh ive decided just to bust out the degreaser and brushes and start scrubbin...

Comment

You should spray it black.

No matter what color the car is....a black engine bay looks so nice.

Comment

i painted my engine bay black due to my colour change, went from cayman green to platinum silver, so i didnt want to be stuck with an ugly ass coloured engine bay, i just used a flat black rust pant, lots of scrubbing and sanding.

JACK

check it out at www.myspace.com/sinful_butfun
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Mine also black...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X