This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both JDM goodness
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by 323Foreword View Post
      Are u getting both bumpers or only the front and chopping the back one?

the whole kit. he's doing it the right way, the only way, the JDM way.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

i did it the cheap way, the american way, the "im broke" way. jdm is too rich for a $1500 car.
        sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah, I wanna see more short bumper BG mazdas. How ever u plan on doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
            jdm is too rich for a $1500 car.
            Not for my $1200 car.

Comment

i think most of us that have these either stumbled on to em because theyre cheap and fun, or because we knew beforehand they were fun while being cheap. if i want to spend a crap ton of money on "JDM" bull**** i'll just waste my money on a honda.

i had one before (93 eg B18 swapped hatch), and after having every rare and unusual part stolen off of it (at a loss to me of about $9k) i have totally given up on JDM and honda.

i like my cheap ass car. i have two in fact, in case i total one. disposable cars are the greatest.
              sigpic

Comment

my $550 shell now has @ least a good 5k into it. I think I did the right thing, the JDM thing, by buying a JDM kit.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                  i think most of us that have these either stumbled on to em because theyre cheap and fun, or because we knew beforehand they were fun while being cheap. if i want to spend a crap ton of money on "JDM" bull**** i'll just waste my money on a honda.

i had one before (93 eg B18 swapped hatch), and after having every rare and unusual part stolen off of it (at a loss to me of about $9k) i have totally given up on JDM and honda.

i like my cheap ass car. i have two in fact, in case i total one. disposable cars are the greatest.
                  I'm not going to argue with you because you have obviously had a bad experience and lost a lot of money, leaving a sour taste in your mouth regarding JDM.

But I will tell you that you won't have to worry about JDM parts being ripped off of your Protege. Not too many people know what a Protege is, let alone if the parts on it are JDM or USDM or EDM, etc.

Comment

thats why i love my BG

Comment

yeah, thats why i like mine. . . its not the status quo of import cars. so far all ive seen in terms of the japanese bumper prices puts them out of my reach when ive got so much more to do to the car just to make it competition legal. im just going to do the cut us bumpers for now. . . i really like the GTX bumper, but i cant find one cheap enough to make me buy it.
                      sigpic

Comment

$250 is the going rate

Comment

damn thats a good as project to do i want to do it on my protege now my front bumper first wich i should since im getting a new one after crashing this one well it doesnt look that bad but that only gives me a reason to chop it up and atleast try so i can do it on the new one
                          Check out my vBPicGallery homies!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                            But I will tell you that you won't have to worry about JDM parts being ripped off of your Protege. Not too many people know what a Protege is, let alone if the parts on it are JDM or USDM or EDM, etc.
                            Poetry
                            Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

this is true
                              sigpic

Comment

Anyone ever try this with the front bumper? Trimming like 1-1.5" off it? Any reason on why it wouldnt work?

Just bored and wondering, lol

JACK.
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X