fixing rear bumper? welding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixing rear bumper? welding?

ok, i have a rear bumper for my mazda protege that has a crack in it. i don't want to get rid of it, so before you respond remember that. i was wondering if anybody has used one of those plastic welders to fix bumpers and other plastic pieces? does it work at all? what should i do (again i don't want to get another one.)
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
    ok, i have a rear bumper for my mazda protege that has a crack in it. i don't want to get rid of it, so before you respond remember that. i was wondering if anybody has used one of those plastic welders to fix bumpers and other plastic pieces? does it work at all? what should i do (again i don't want to get another one.)
    I used to have a bumper with a crack in it. Super glue worked well until my friend's mom backed into my car in their driveway.

I hear jb weld works well, or you could try a little fiberglass repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      I used to have a bumper with a crack in it. Super glue worked well until my friend's mom backed into my car in their driveway.

I hear jb weld works well, or you could try a little fiberglass repair.
      ok, i might try that. i heard that you could use a plastic welder to fix it, and it's only like 50-60 for the welder and stuff. that's for a cheap one, and that's fine with me, cuz i won't use it more then a couple of times. but i might decide to do this first.

how big was the crack in your bumper? and where at? cuz mine is on the corner of the bumper, so this trick would need to be strong enough to hold it in a very critical spot.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
        ok, i might try that. i heard that you could use a plastic welder to fix it, and it's only like 50-60 for the welder and stuff. that's for a cheap one, and that's fine with me, cuz i won't use it more then a couple of times. but i might decide to do this first.

how big was the crack in your bumper? and where at? cuz mine is on the corner of the bumper, so this trick would need to be strong enough to hold it in a very critical spot.
        I'd say the crack was about 6inches. It was on the right corner of my front bumper. A corner crack will need good reenforcement. I know mine got hit a few times and kept breaking, so I finally replaced it.

Comment

Working...
        X