mystery header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mystery header

bought this at a swap meet. Just said fits protege no year or engine. Any ideas?? paid $30 for it.
    ooopppss posted in wrong spot sorry.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by purewhitemp5; 06-19-2006, 02:16 AM.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

its pretty for $30

JACK

but yea, worse comes to worse, if its for a protege 5 or w/e. check to see clearance, then get a flange made up and have fun.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Definately not for the BP motor, I just checked my turbo manifold and the bolt pattern is completely different.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I'm Thinkin 3rd Gen FS. I will know more if I can get a 1 on 1 with the Pro5 (wifes dd) The only thing is there is only one O2 senser where there should be 2 for a third gen.
        Last edited by purewhitemp5; 06-19-2006, 12:07 PM.

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

The logo welded onto the pipe doesn't say what kind it is?
          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

yea...i think that is a 3rd gen header. You should just get a flanged built and welded on. Thats a cool looking header.
            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken
              The logo welded onto the pipe doesn't say what kind it is?
              The logo says ractive. I checked there web site and found no info on it.

Comment

Thinkin of having a shop cut off the flange and welding a BP flange on. Or fill in the holes and re-drill them for a BP.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                  Thinkin of having a shop cut off the flange and welding a BP flange on. Or fill in the holes and re-drill them for a BP.

Do it up.

For $30, what do you have to lose?

Comment

yea man custom that sucker!

Comment

the second pic down. where all four runners come to a stop. i dont know how else to explain this but doesn't it look like it would hurt performance with all four runners coming to a halt like that
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                        the second pic down. where all four runners come to a stop. i dont know how else to explain this but doesn't it look like it would hurt performance with all four runners coming to a halt like that

Compared to whats on there now I think this might be an improvement , besides shure is purdy huh !!

Comment

Optical illusion methinks. Prolly tapered just like the stock '94 tubular BP manifold.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

that's chrome for ya
                            stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Here is another pic of the area you are talkin about.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X