Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly repainted wheels, which do you like best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly repainted wheels, which do you like best?

Alright, it's now slammed all the way down, which is supposed to be a 4" drop, but it's not. Anyway, it's althe way down, with the gunmetal and silver wheels on one side, and the other side is black and gunmetal. I'll be taking some different pics of the gunmetal/black as the pictures didn't come out right. Then compare and tell me which you like best.
    Attached Files

You used coilovers right?

You have to cut the lower perch off of the struts. It will go much lower then.

It's hard to see your wheels in the pics, but I think the black looks better.

Comment

Pics are a little dark wouldn't you say.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

So unless I cut the strut perch, this is as low as it will possibly go? And as far as the pics being dark, yes, I know they're dark, and new ones will be posted soon.

Comment

I like the gunmetal-silver myself. Looks nice.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Alright, here are some pics you can actually see the car in. Enjoy!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
              So unless I cut the strut perch, this is as low as it will possibly go? And as far as the pics being dark, yes, I know they're dark, and new ones will be posted soon.

What coilovers did you get?

If they are already all the way down, then the easiest way to get them to go lower is to do this:
              Last edited by Jho; 10-22-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                What coilovers did you get?

If they are already all the way down, then the easiest way to get them to go lower is to do this:
                Or you can just take the coil out and remove the bumpstops for the ultimate drop.
                c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                  Or you can just take the coil out and remove the bumpstops for the ultimate drop.

That sounds like a comfortable ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X