Shift Knob question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Knob question...

Alright, does anyone know what the thread pitch is for the BG Protege Shift knob? or easier yet, what cars are the shift knobs interchangable with ours? Here's the ones I know of:
    Ones that work: 1rst gen miata, 1rst gen 323,3rd gen integra, EF-EK civic, RSX.

Ones that won't: 1rst gen RX7.

An FC3S shift knob looks great!
    I think Mazkid has one on his write up about short shifters.
    Look in the How To Section.

Comment

All Mazda Protégé , 626 , MX-3 , MX-6 , shifters will interchange with each other.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by teknotexan
        An FC3S shift knob looks great!
        I think Mazkid has one on his write up about short shifters.
        Look in the How To Section.
        Yep, I indeed have one, however it is too big for a stock Protege's shift lever. I cut mine then used a cut off bolt threaded into the lever. Works great.

It's odd, my brother has the same knob in his MX-6. We're knob buddies!

Uhh...that didn't come out right.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
          It's odd, my brother has the same knob in his MX-6. We're knob buddies!

Uhh...that didn't come out right.
          C'mon now, bro! You gotta THINK before you post!
          that's funny! What's even more funny is you don't edit it out, like you are inviting one of the CP bullies to make fun of you again.

Comment

Here ya go- M10 x 1.25 is the thread pattern and many Nissans, Mitsus, and Mazdas use this pattern.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm making a trip to the J/Y soon and will definatley have something different.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                Thanks guys. I'm making a trip to the J/Y soon and will definatley have something different.
                Make sure you post pics when you do.

Comment

You know I will,Jho. I love taking pics of everything I ever do.

"Look! I just adjusted my air pressure! Here's some pics."

Comment

He just says that to up his post count.
                    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                      You know I will,Jho. I love taking pics of everything I ever do.

"Look! I just adjusted my air pressure! Here's some pics."

LOL, it shows.

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                      He just says that to up his post count.

No way, I like seeing the creative improvements my fellow BG enthusiasts venture on.

Comment

Working...
                      X