headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight problem

ok, today i know 100% my running lights and low beams were working, went to the movies, and when we were leaving, they didn;t work, not even my high beams, so i go and look under the hood and the fuse was blowin, so i changed it and it still didn;t work, so i could only use high beams (low and running didn't work)

so i get home and the low and running are working, so i get out to look and they fade out and the fuse is blowin again

ok so i installed two 4" led's on each side, but there all wired up for a direct wire up, could that be the problem? but there set up fo the wires just go to ground, brake and signal, so it's easy wire up and they work perfect and no blowin taillight fuse just the headlight one, and it's warm, but thought maybe it's because i was running high beams for 20-25 min's

they have worked fine up until tonight, and i just instealled the taillights today, but worked all day no problem, wasn;t sure if it was blowin until someone flashed me, and i looked and said i don't think i have headlights, pulled over and nope.

so i am going to try and cheak all the conections, should be fine tho. maybe try a bigger fuse from a 30 to a (35 or 40) and try a new headlights relay.

i am also going to put the old tailights back in and if thats the problem, maybe try a relay on the taillights.

any ideas guys.

JustinGT

She's a Hoe...... FO SHO

Make sure the LED's are wired correctly they work as diode and power can flow only one way. If conected backwards it can cause a short. Remember LED's also work great to prevent short. Keep that in mind for future projects. If you wired the LED's by your self with out instructions make sure the shorter leg goes to the negative connection. Let us know your results.

Comment

well the LED's came prewired up, just had a wire conector comming out the back, labled, (brake) (signal/running) (ground) so it was only 3 wires everything else is wired, so i just cut and spliced into the stock taillight harness. i have a trailer light control box that i am going to try and use, it might lower the woltage, maybe thats whats wrong.

old tails go back in and i'll have to figure it out another day.

JustinGT

She's a Hoe...... FO SHO

Comment

i think the problem is all fixed, i think it was some wires touching, but i didn;t know they were, so i'll see in the next few days if they work fine

JustinGT

She's a Hoe...... FO SHO

Comment

Let us know what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X