New damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New damage

I just got backed into at work today by an 04 F-150.

His bumper took out my LF corner light, LF headlight mount, hood, grill and rad support. Maybe more I haven't opened the hood yet. No gases or liquids seem to be leaking though, and he seems to have stopped just short of my fender.

I'll try to get pics as soon as I can.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

That sucks man.

Did you kick his ass at least?

Comment

Its always the freaking drivers side ain't it. It happened to me, I went out for a walk for 45 minutes and came back. The corner light, headlight assembly busted, and a little bit of the fender. At least you were there when it happened, I wasn't so lucky.

Comment

Fortunately I just got my GT-X front clip and its JDM lights.

Not EDM but at least they're not broken.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Comment

Was that on the 4wd or the 2wd prot that got hit? That still sucks...

Comment

2wd got hit.
            4wd is WIP and not driveable.
            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

...at least not yet.
              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

that sucks, sorry to hear man

Comment

The adjuster called this morning. I can take it to a body shop of my choice and he will pay for it. I just don't know how long it will take.

323drift what wheels are those in your sig?
                  1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Comment

14" Enkei 92's

Comment

14" Enkei 92's
                      I would've guessed BBS but then I'm no expert. They look good.
                      1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Comment

Okay, I got an estimate of $1182.45 to fix with used parts straighten rad support and paint. Insurance wants to total for $1500. I don't want a salvage title, not because I want to sell, but because if I get hit again and value = $0 I'm really screwed.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
                        1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109
                          Okay, I got an estimate of $1182.45 to fix with used parts straighten rad support and paint. Insurance wants to total for $1500. I don't want a salvage title, not because I want to sell, but because if I get hit again and value = $0 I'm really screwed.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
                          take it.

I got an estimate when this kid shot up my car with frozen paintballs in the right door for $1800 including paint-match. (I only paid about $1800 anyways cuz i did the work myself and added a $1000 bodykit and $300 paint... lol)

then again, the value of the car on most peoples' for sale lots is about $1300-$2800, so if you intend to keep the car a long time, go for it, otherwise, i wouldn't do it. but hey, if the other guy is paying then do it.

'Cuz everyone knows kittens love turbos.

Comment

Was yours a "total loss" and do you have a salvage title?
                            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                            ├┼┤
                            2 4 R

Comment

if you want to keep the car fight em and keep telling them no till they fix it. it worked for me.

the reason they want to total it is because when they do that they get to take your car, which they will then sell to a parts wholesaler and make a few hundred bucks back off of it. its more expensive for them to fix yours, so fight em.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X