50% done... my 91 hatch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50% done... my 91 hatch.

UPDATED PICS!!! Tell me what you honestly think...

and sideskirts are still in the works (I got stuck on a speed bump in a hotel parking entrance...)

visual mods seen:

Magnaflow "bullet" hi-flow catalytic converter, 2 and 1/4" piping, coming out an HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust.

Mazstyle "Chaos" bodykit.

Custom Dodge Viper GTS Blue Paint with Blue Pearl and Large MICA flakes

Mods not seen:

Bride Steering wheel with Momo quick release hub
    2 black Sparco Torino II racing seats
    Chrome brass knuckles on rear hatch
    Autometer Cobalt series Tachometer w/ blue shift light
    Ultra White LED's replacing OEM rear license plate light

mods to come: A LOT!!!
    Last edited by Steel_Knuckles; 10-21-2006, 09:15 PM.

'Cuz everyone knows kittens love turbos.

Originally posted by Steel_Knuckles
    UPDATED PICS!!! Tell me what you honestly think...
    At this point.. it's rice...

I like the paintjob, thats cool. i myself not a fan of Chaos.. and that just makes my day hearing about someone with a bodykit getting stuck on a speedbump.. Something to point and laugh about..

Are u planning on making any performance mods, or sticking soley to "show"?
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I like the blue. On the car and the muffler tip. I think I would've color mached the mirrors.
      I'm not a real big fan of body kits but yours is better than most I've seen.
      Update your headlights. EDM or mirage halos.
      And I'm not sure what engine you have, but at least put a BP in it if not a BPT.

That's my two cents.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
        At this point.. it's rice...

I like the paintjob, thats cool. i myself not a fan of Chaos.. and that just makes my day hearing about someone with a bodykit getting stuck on a speedbump.. Something to point and laugh about..

Are u planning on making any performance mods, or sticking soley to "show"?
        This one's show, but i'm planning to drop a BPT with G series tranny into it.

I've got a black 94 protege LX sedan that i'm prepping strictly for sleeper usage.
        no body kit or anything, just pure engine on the black one.

I'm doing this as a cop magnet so no one will pay attention to the other one.

and i intend on buying some EDM headlights and a few other things later on.

Comment

Looks good, very nice color. Could stand to be lowered a bit, I know the bodykit would probably be trouble with it lowered but i think it would enhance the look. I'm pretty partial to stock looking 323s but as far as bodykits go you did a real nice job. I'm sure sideskirts will make it look even better.
          sigpic
          1990 EGT Turbo RIP
          1995 EGT GTX RIP
          1991 323 GTX swapped
          2003.5 MSP

Comment

I was going to say headlights/corners and side skirts, but it seems like you're on top of that situation.

Now it needs to be lowered!

Comment

im not a fan of big body kits but to each his own. looks good though. did you fix the crooked rear bumper? i cant tell by the pics.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I like the front end, im not a fan of the rear though
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

The rear is a temporary. I'm probably going to redo it soon.

Comment

again, not my cup of coffee but if you like it, it's all good

btw, Bride doesnt make steering wheels, they make seats

Comment

i can't feel the rear end, all the rest is nice i like how you molded the bumpers into the car, no seam lines. looks good.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like it!
                        The body kit looks nice and flush, and the skirts will definately add to the over all look. Yes, it is ricey, but who cares! If you can make is fast and smooth and look good, but not all in that order, then you're ok in my book. Once I am done with my suspension and brakes and JDM bumpers and new paint job, only then will I slowly move on to my engine swap. My only reason for soing so is that I rebuilt my B6 last fall 2005, and it'll last me a long long time. So keep up the good work!

Comment

i like the color fo sho! i keep going back and forth on the kit tho, the front don't look bad but the rear i dunno...i'm weird...next time u post pictures we better see a big IC behind that grille
                          Originally posted by 90prtege
                          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                          Originally posted by Turpro
                          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                          CRZbrussian: that sux
                          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift View Post
                            again, not my cup of coffee but if you like it, it's all good

btw, Bride doesnt make steering wheels, they make seats
                            They do make steering wheels. look 'em up.

...unless this is a Momo s. wheel with a bride horn button...

I'll take an interior shot later.

Comment

giggidi giggidi g.....oop just pooped myself a little
                              Attached Files
                              Originally posted by 90prtege
                              have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                              Originally posted by Turpro
                              Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                              CRZbrussian: that sux
                              CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                              CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Working...
                              X