DX door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX door handles

My door handles are the black plastic (I think they are plastic). Anyway, they are looking kinda crappy - like there is some UV breakdown going on or something. Can those be painted? If so, what kind of paint works best? Thanks!

door handles inside or outside?

Comment

outside...uv breakdown

Comment

the car has windows I assume? the sun could be hitting the handles on the inside

Comment

uv doesn't travel as well through glass
          Last edited by EricM; 11-14-2006, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
            uv doesn't travel through glass
            Oh, so that's why when it's 90*F outside and your car is in the sun all day, your windows aren't hot to the touch but your dash that's been in the sun is 140*F while parts in the shade, like your center console, isn't as hot. Is that what you're saying? LOL So people only tint their windows for privacy, right?

Outside door handles, the DX ones are unpainted black plastic. They fade/turn gray all the time. You can get a set of LX painted door handles to match your car from the junkyard.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

ok, ok, i'll edit my previous post

heat and light travel through glass, but UV rays are filtered. your windshield blocks about 85% of UV rays and your other windows more than half.

smart ass
              Last edited by EricM; 11-14-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

They are outside. I kinda like the black, but I guess the matching LX handles are OK too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cat34evr View Post
                  They are outside. I kinda like the black, but I guess the matching LX handles are OK too. Thanks!
                  You can always get painted black door handles yah know.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

If you don't find any painted black door handles from an LX, you can just paint yours black. They sell special paints for plastics and vinyls.

Comment

Door handles

Just a request here guys, if anybody is at the junkyard and finds door handles in theTropical Emerald colour, I am looking for 2 for our 323, the handles are the same as the protege. Or if anybody has any that they want to get rid shoot me a PM.

Sorry for butting into another thread.

Thanks Pat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X