97-01 Mirage Headlight COnversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97-01 Mirage Headlight COnversion

Does anybody know how to convert the 97-01 Mirage Halo Headlights over to work on a 90-94 Protege? Besides having to get a 94 hood, How do you go from a single hi/low headlight to two individual headlights?
    Attached Files
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

this actually looks like a pretty sexy mod, i was thinking of ripping an HID system from a luxury car, but this looks easier and good too.
    Next!
    sigpic

Comment

check this out, and tell me if this helps. I just answered my own thread.

tell me what you think.

My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

without using the 94 hood there's going to be a noticable gap(triangle from the hood,grill and headlights)
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

all you need is a few pieces of wire. the ground is common and then seperate the low beam and high beam wires and route accordingly.
          This is our quest; as the tail lights fade into the distance let it not be the jeers of others that say we can not do what others have, but to let the whistle of the bov the whine of our turbo and the roar of our exhaust announce to those who may say it can not be done that we will not go quietly into the night we will not bow to mainstream but rather blow by them doing mach speed laughing our asses off and giving them the one sure sign( ) so that they will understand their place in life when it comes to doubting a driven individual who owns a Mazda BG with a boosted BP

Comment

does anyone know if the mirage head lights will line up with the jdm corner lights?
            1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
            2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
            3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

going by the pics there i would have to say no
              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

well i know they will kinda match up with the stock corner lights.....and the stock corners are not to much diff then the jdm corners

the jdm are just a little longer right?
                1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
                2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
                3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by pauls323 View Post

the jdm are just a little longer right?
                  correct. If you use the jdm/edm corners you'll have to mod the grill. Basically cut it shorter.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

what about the jdm grill is it shorter?
                    or would it need cut as well?
                    1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
                    2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
                    3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by pauls323 View Post
                      what about the jdm grill is it shorter?
                      or would it need cut as well?
                      nope it's the same size, (take a look at my sig that's a JDM grill with stock lights) the JDM/EDM lights are not as wide as the DOT lights.

93' 5spd DX
                      R.I.P

Comment

my mate in NZ has these
                        1991 Mazda Familia GTX , Turbo NEW VTNZ W.O.F & CERT VF10 SUBARU TURBO UPGRADE 10psi BOOST NEW POD FILTER ( RECEIPTS ) RACEPRO FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER WIT...

same lights i think..

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                        1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

Hey,
                          I did the swap on my car. Not hard to do, Just have to be patient. Looks good in the end. I also have an HID kit hooked up aswell and its bright as hell. I get BMW's and others flashing me all the time. I even had a guy drive into a pole on the side of the road because he couldn't see the road. Don't worry the guy was ok. Recomended swap especially with the HID kit.

-Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment

^^lol, maybe they aren't aligned right then...?
                            Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                            sigpic

Comment

They have been aligned many times, But I still get the same result. They are just that bright I guess. I will take a picture and post later.

-Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X