92 dx (my first car) need help/advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 dx (my first car) need help/advise

alright thanks in advance and i got 2 sort of problems well 3, 2 are with the hud/instrument cluster and the other is with the bumpers. my dx didnt come with a tach and its a manual so i want/need a tach(did i mention its my first car and i dont know how to drive stick yet). i just feel more confident with a tach 2nd has anyone tried changing the light colour and if so how hard is it. the last is where can get my hands on the smaller less bulky bumpers.

thank you once again for any help

Welcome

tach-some usdm protege dx's have the proper 6k redline tachs. The usdm protege lx and the canadian protege gt had 7k redline tachs.

Lights-no clue but i'm sure it can be chaged with some LEDs

bumpers- JDM bumpers ar less bulky. www.corksport.com
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

you need an SE tach if you dont want it in miles over km and they arent too hard to find ... i have 1 or 2 for sale ...

Comment

they sell different color lights for the cluster at canadian tire, and if you want a cluster with a tach the SEs had the option, so you'll have the right redline, and it'll be in km/h.

Nick

edit: lol simultaneous post
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post

edit: lol simultaneous post

you owe me a beer

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
            you need an SE tach if you dont want it in miles over km and they arent too hard to find ... i have 1 or 2 for sale ...
            se? where can i get one

Comment

Working...
            X