how to remove misc exterior things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove misc exterior things

the strip that runs form front to back on both sides of the car on the roof and the badges on the trunk are they screwed in otr is it adhesive also any other advise on removing the front bumper i have the headlights and taillights off of the pro and the 626 i swear i live in double world here lately i am painting the pro and the 6 at the same time so i am reving double everything lights, bumpers, tailights ect after i get thme both all together i am taking a vacation and enjoy a week of this " retirement"

thnak for all the help
    Doc

I'm unsure of the roof rails - been meaning to remove them myself but haven't looked at the shop manual yet, and don't want to break anything.

The emblems use pins...the Protege one has 4 pins and the Mazda one has 3. The Protege one is metal so you can't really break it. The Mazda one can break.

Front bumper is held on by 3 studs per frame rail end(under each headlight), 1 screw per side at the fender, 1 screw per side at the bottom corner of the bumper, and then a series of screws at the bottom of the bumper along the front.

Hope that helps!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

For the roof trim my friends and i just used a heat gun to soften 'em up and just picked it right up. there's a couple metal nail-head-like studs coming from the roof itself that holds it on but really, we just heated it up then wiggled around with a thin prybar and it came off just fine.

For the badges, they're adhesive and two pins from the badge itself. just again use a heatgun and a 1" puttyknife and ease your way in.

Mazkid has you covered on teh rest.

Comment

so that means that i am going t have to fill in all of these holes! oh well should take TERRIBLY long to do . I am going for the badgeless look all teh way around

BTW where is every body getting the red badge from the one that is just to the left of the "Clubprotoge" signage?

Doc

Comment

japan

its a full front grill with that badge on it
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by navydochm2 View Post
            so that means that i am going t have to fill in all of these holes! oh well should take TERRIBLY long to do . I am going for the badgeless look all teh way around

BTW where is every body getting the red badge from the one that is just to the left of the "Clubprotoge" signage?

Doc
            To fill the holes, easiest thing to do is sand the area down to bare metal and then MIG weld it shut. only takes a couple seconds if you know what you're doing. Don't EVER use fiberglass. I've seen too many people do it and it only shows imperfections later on down teh road (previous owner did that to mine.)

red badge is japan import, but you can get them if you do google searches and stalk ebay or corksport.

Comment

Working...
            X