No announcement yet.

mx3 seat height question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are the pics. i had to go with stainless steel hardware because my work ran out of the correct length grade 8 bolts. i did some hard accelerating, braking, and cornering to see how well the bolts will hold up, and they seem like they'll hold pretty good for right now. next week, when all the hardware at work gets restocked, i'll swap out the stainless hardware with the grade 8 and put some medium strength loc-tite on the nuts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by baltimucho View Post
      When I swapped the seats into my EGT, I noticed that the floor brackets were about 1.5" shorter than the stock EGT brackets. I used the MX3 brackets, but you could probably use your original brackets and get some height, or maybe EGT brackets are a little higher still... Maybe these brackets won't fit a 4-door Protege at all and my post is useless.

::mitch::
      when i used the protege brackets, they still sat about as low as with the mx3 brackets, but the seat also leaned in towards the center console

Comment

Originally posted by noisy_cricket94 View Post
        when i used the protege brackets, they still sat about as low as with the mx3 brackets, but the seat also leaned in towards the center console
        +1.

I found that I could use KL V6 throttle body bolts(2 long ones per throttle body) and 4 strut top nuts per bolt to space MX-3 seats properly on the "inside" rail.

Alternatively, if you care that much, you can swap the seat bottom frames...takes time and hog-rings/wireties though.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
          +1.

Alternatively, if you care that much, you can swap the seat bottom frames...takes time and hog-rings/wireties though.
          i'm happy with how the seats sit now. they're pretty close to the height of the protege seats. i don't think i'll be messing with the seats anytime soon. unless, of course, i happen to find some leather recaro mx3 seats at the yard.

Comment

Ya I'm 5'10" and my mx3 seats are fine.

would suck to be 8 inches shorter though :p

Comment

I had to raise 1 side of mine with a bunch of washers

Comment

Originally posted by bcowie View Post
                I had to raise 1 side of mine with a bunch of washers

I went the other route - lowered the steering wheel 1" with washers!

Problem solved!
                I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

these seats have zippers does the cloth part come off so I can say wash it in the washing machine?

Comment

maybe? I gotta check that one out.

Comment

i just did mine....http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=42097&page=14

pix

95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                      X