I must have some Clear corners!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jitb37
    400$ for a set of corners is obsurd...custom or not.
    Then do better......
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Just to clear up the hearsay and how much work is really involved in the CRX clears here are some pics....I have a CRX in my shop getting painted and I thought what the hell...why not see and if it would be easily done.

Bizob if you went this route it wouldn't be very hard to blend the paint then either blend in the clear also or just re-clear the whole fender.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tweeaks; 02-03-2004, 06:09 PM. Reason: adding pic

Comment

pic 2
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tweeaks; 02-03-2004, 06:13 PM.

Comment

If you highlight (i.e. drag the mouse over the pics with the right button pressed) the pics it is easier to see the gaps between the corners and the fender...

Comment

oh yeah then again there's the problem of the two bulb thing......maybe just modify the clears to accept our bulb and plug the other hole with a light & harness so it doesn't look off. Though there isn't really enough room in theose sidemarkers to accept our bulbs, but that can be figured out after the clears are in

Comment

just strictly opinion hear, but the CRX clears just look nasty. i feel like there is too much involved to make them 'work'. now, if you guys are willing to put that much effort into it, then by all means do it. but personally, i would rather wait and see what is said about the possibility of another round of the Pro clear corner, and maybe pay a little more for something that works, and fits properly.
                89 Nissan 240SX-NEW CAR!!!
                fst323@yahoo.com

Comment

I think I'm going to go with the CRX corners for the time being and fill the gap with a fiberglass plug. I'll paint the plug rather than re-paint the whole fender.... I have less than a litre of paint left and if ever I mess up my front bumper I'm going to need every drop of it.

I'll probably go for the black housings, but I get them for dirt cheap at my shop so I might just try the 3 different styles available and see which works best.

Thanks for the idea guys.

Oh, and Wil, it's really not necessary to start calling us all jerks.
                  Bob

www.midnitemekanix.com

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                    Then do better......

DONE, everyone send me there money....

Comment

seriously Will, would that guy sell/rent/lease the mold he has of our lenses?

I can probably find some shop to inject some plastic. I know he is probably pissed, but I will pay him for the mold if need be.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i found a guy through a friend online that claims he has the ability to make clear corners for the 1st gen pros.....im gunna buy a set of them next week and ill let you guys know if they fit.
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.