keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyless entry

So I bought one of those cheap ebay keyless entry kits. (Damn ebay and being bored). Anyway, after thinking about how the system works I'm pretty sure the drivers side door does not have a actuator. Has any one ever attempted installing a keyless entry before or could some one give some info. I'm hoping to be able to just add the actuator and that's it, no relays or anything.
    Last edited by sn95; 10-04-2010, 10:43 PM.
    88 323 GTX
    93 Protege LX
    00 Jeep Cherokee
    88 Ford Ranger GT
    15 F150

im pretty sure a central relay is required. should come with the kit though.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

yes, mazda's dirvers door has just "button" for activation all other actuators, but can't activate itself. You need at least 1 actuator, in my case I hadn't central key relay, and added it by myself.
      sigpic
      1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

My kit didn't come with any relays. Just the unit itself. Any ideas what I could grab a central relay off of? I wasn't thinking clearly when I bought the kit and really don't want to spend much more money on it. if I do finish it tho I'm going to do a write up.
        88 323 GTX
        93 Protege LX
        00 Jeep Cherokee
        88 Ford Ranger GT
        15 F150

Comment

Have you read this topic?

This relay is in central door lock set, you need one driver side 5-wires actuator and relay, so such set will help you very much
          sigpic
          1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

I just got done putting one in my gtx and my buddies mx3. Luckily for both of us, we already had power locks. I just hooked the actuator to the lock rod in the drivers door. Than with a flip of the button, lock/unlock both sides. No extra relays needed. My cheap ebay kit came with four actuators. So I could have put one in each door.
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Thanks labeo for the link it helped alot. Mine has power locks already as well. I will try to put a actuator in and see what kinda luck i get. 2 fast where did you wire into the harness to give signal with your unit?
              88 323 GTX
              93 Protege LX
              00 Jeep Cherokee
              88 Ford Ranger GT
              15 F150

Comment

mine came with a kit

dont you love hondas cute little toys:
                my girlfriend says i spend to much time with my car sorry its true Mazda girl get jealous

Comment

I didn't need to tap anywires. My system has it's own control unit. I just mounted the actuator to the door direct under the main door lock and ran a rod to the rod for the door lock. When the actuator moves, it sends it's signal to the controller and actuates all the locks. But if you NEED a signal, than take the main lock off the door, the part that holds the door closed and you will see the lock sensor. It will be a two wire square plastic piece. Keep in mind this is only if you have power locks. The sensor should have a reverse polarity signal. Meaning when the lock locks, it sends a current in one direction and when it unlocks, in the other. But that to function it should need a third wire... So, I'm not 100% sure of the signal function. Best thing to do would be simply test it with a volt meter and see what the voltage and resistance does when the door is locked and unlocked. Just simply back probe the connector, stick the + end on the cable to be tested and the - on a good ground. Some how the car has to know if the doors are being unlocked or locked. All of this is way to complicated just for a wireless entries system. Here is a link to the system I have... http://cgi.ebay.de/Zentralverriegelu...item335caa205c
                  Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
                  X