Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darn the cold weather...Whats your opinion on pinstripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that or give a pic of your car to someone in the photo vid section and they can ps it of for you. then you can see if you like your car w/o it or not.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      that or give a pic of your car to someone in the photo vid section and they can ps it of for you. then you can see if you like your car w/o it or not.
      There's a special section for that The photoshop fun section.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

what is "pinstripes"??
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

ill get a pic hold on.

ahh forget it.

im just gonna go take em off

Comment

I JUST noticed how frickin tascky it is to have the licese plate on the front bumber.

Comment

Originally posted by protegechris
              I JUST noticed how frickin tascky it is to have the licese plate on the front bumber.
              Yea, I'm glad they're not required here. It looks soo much better without them.

Pinstripes are the little lines that go down the sides of car/trucks/etc. Majority of the time they are white.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

or black, cant forget black! lol...

I have never seen pinstripes on a pro that werrent black. unfortunately.
                I just emailed the DOT of texas, asked if they were both required...just checking lol. because if the front isnt required, ill take it off, and use some kind o putty or something to fill in the 2 bolt holes

Comment

Damn it.

I am putting the hair dryer as hot as it'll go. I held it over the same small area for 5 minutes. The metal heated up. As for the pinstripe, i had to used my fingernail , pull it off, and I cant BUDGE the stupid glue. It blends in with the red of the car, but dust collects on it, so its just like collectying dirt and stuff, i am trying to get it offr with my finger nails, but only half of it will come off,

Comment

:bump:

el bumpo, come on, someone have any suggestions?

do you think that finger nail polish remover would take the paint off?
                    Last edited by protegechris; 02-06-2004, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I have white pinstripes on my green car
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

What's the outside temp? The hair dryer should have worked like a charm. If you can get the stripe off with the hair dryer you can use goo gone on the glue.
                        I've never heard of them not coming off but people use goo gone to remove the side moldings so I imagine it would work in a similar way.

Comment

its under 40 here.

where can i buy goo-gone

the hair dryer wont make themdo ANY thing, even on its hottest setting.
                          would finger nail oolish remover take the paint off the car?

Comment

Goo gone can come from wal-mart/lowes/drug store/auto zone/probably even a grocery store. It's not real expensive stuff and will probably get the job done.
                            Fingernail polish...not positive but it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Comment

cool thanks man. ill go see if i can get some l8r

Comment

yes front plates are required on cars in TX.

I have been pulled over for it. I stuck mine in the middle of my windsheild inside the car right above the dash.
                                I got pulled over for it there too, the officer said it was an obstruction to my view, but I talked him out of it claiming that since I could see the hood of my car over it, it wasn't an obstruction...... waste of time really
                                Fingernail polish will probably remove paint.
                                If the hair dryer wasnt hot enough try a heat gun...... just keep it moving to keep the paint from messing up.

Other than that good luck with chemicals.
                                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X