window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i get the cash ill come running to you :D
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

i dunno if u can see the pics in my first post but thats my frinds car.....he put like 1 or 2 % tint on it (lowest % they make, i dont remember the %), lol its like a mirror...very very cool looking
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
        i dunno if u can see the pics in my first post but thats my frinds car.....he put like 1 or 2 % tint on it (lowest % they make, i dont remember the %), lol its like a mirror...very very cool looking
        can't see the pics, but the tint should be 5%. I've never heard of anything below 5%...

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
          I can get you Llumar film for around $55-85 for all the windows. I used to own a tint/alarm shop and i still have plenty of contacts.
          is that offer good for everybody or just redfox? I might be interested. The local shop is charging more than $200 for 5 windows. how much did you charge for labor (front, back, and rear windows) when you were in business? I'm thinking I might save some odd dollar by getting the film from you and paying only for labor...

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
            as dark as i can leagally have them unless some 1 can give me a good reasion to change my mind
            I've got a reason...

When you're looking in your rearview mirror at night, you won't be able to see out. Maybe that's alright for you, but 'm practically nightblind and this would most likely get someone like me killed.
            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              is that offer good for everybody or just redfox? I might be interested. The local shop is charging more than $200 for 5 windows. how much did you charge for labor (front, back, and rear windows) when you were in business? I'm thinking I might save some odd dollar by getting the film from you and paying only for labor...
              when i had my shop, we charged between $180 and 200 so that shop is on the mark.

I don't wanna get all into this again, but i'll entertain 1 or 2 requests for film. But even at that, might as well get the full service from the shop, as they'll never warranty your brought in film (even if it is Llumar, unless they sell it and they're cool) they'd probably only warranty the labor, which means you gotta pay or bring more film if it were to get screwed up.

If you fancy a drive down to Orange County, i can set you up with a few shops here that will do ya right.

Comment

you may or may not know that i have a parts car....tommarow im gunna go pick up a few boxes of 20% black tint and try it out on the parts car windows. i have gone around to a few shops and surprisingly they gave up some good tips. 1 of the shops told me to get some tearless baby shampoo and mix it up in some water after cleaning the window extensivly with glass cleaner, then soap up the window witht he baby shampoo/warm water mix and slap the tint on the winddow, then take a PLASTIC puddy knife and work all the bubbles and extra soap out, since im using baby shampoo he said that it takes a wile to dry so if i **** up i can peal the tint off and try again. then once i get it on there with no bubbles then to cut it to size and let dry. then to stand back and admire my fine work, lol. if the tint comes out with no bubbles then ill swap the windows into my car and be rid of the gay ass purple tint. any1 agree/dissagree with this procedure and have some tips OTHER then go to a pro cuz i dont have the quoted $230 for all around tint... oh yeah ill have the back window done pro cuz its too damn big and i dont want to mess up the defroster lines....

shaun