Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
    "if I recall correctly"
    thank you, this whole time i was thinking it was a part number or agency, geez

Comment

I manual door locks/windows...the whole bit and was wondering if i could switch it to power. Now that I know I can, what exactly do I need and how do I do it? is there a how-to section on this?

Comment

i was going to make a how to on it when i did it but i 4got to take pics

go to a junk yard......
        find a pro with all the power options
        take the door pannel off and just start unbolting everything untill its all out......then under the dash there is a relay for the power locks....i forget what 1 it is but just look under you dash and see what 1's you have and pull the 1 out of the lx that you dont have.....then you gotta take the wireing harnes thats in the door out......DONT CUT IT......where it connects to the body of the car there is a plug....just unplug it.......the mirrors have 2 or 3 screws that hold them on, and you also need the switch in the dash (your car should already have the plug in it just no switch....then take it all and put it into your car.......oh and if you take the back power windows then you need the square windows(the sliders on the bottom is different) in the back doors (ya dont need the triangle ones)

hope that helps some..... if ya need help pm me or catch me on MSN
        good luck
        shaun
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

basically to sum this up evem more, go to a j/y and pull all 4 doors with their contents still in them.

lift up the carpet and pull every wire you see than runs on the floorboard. ther should be one wire that goes to both b pillars and connects under the dash.

install new doors and voila the easy way to get power windows.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

lol yeah that works too.....the wire that goes under the carpet plugs in somewhere around the fuse box, i dont remember exactly where........it may take you a few hrs to get all the **** out of a jy car but its wwweeelllll worth it....
            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.