No announcement yet.

323 w/ custom rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you luck my friend. If you ever decide to do this, please keep track of how long it takes you and how much you spend on your unique 2 door Protege.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Not to be a chode or anything, but my dad did a two door Jetta. He is very talented at body work though.
      I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Why does everybody always have to be so negative when someone comes up with an idea like this?
        I say more power to ya, its intriguing to me when someone want's to try something new and unique. Good luck.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I hope you don't quit before you've started and you either determine that YES it is impossible, or succeed in making the first 2 door Protege. I'd like to see the outcome. Good luck.

Comment

If you have the tools and can make it work, sounds like a great project to me.

Comment

yeah i say u go for it.. i mean if u know how to d all that stuff u have all the resources then thats aweosme.. do it up

Comment

I would like to see this. I think it would be a cool cistom car. Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                they share the same uni-body meaning everything underneath the car is going to be the same how am i going to need custom exhaust and fuel lines...
                the 323 has a physically 5 cm shorter wheel base. Same platform but there are minor differences. Thats why side sirts dont fit. maybe thats what he meant by fuel lines and electronics.???????
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

there u go. not to brag but i would get the usdm rear bumper over that red 323 bumpers and side skirts. they look kinda too much.

Comment

there r time that i hate looking at the rear and side view of my 323 only the front view for some reason its not how i wanted the 323 to be but it can be nice just like dru's 323 w/ just the rear upper hatch and the gtx jdm rear bumper. but i'd take the front end of a 323 better than the civics w. jdm **** that they got.

see wut i mean...

Comment

Tweeaks... I have a family friend that owns a body shop. So I am pretty aware of what can be done. I personally think that frome reading some of your posts that you of all people would know how to do it.

I look at it like this. If you can get the 323 for a reasonably cheap price and get the work done for free.. It really can't hurt to try it ... I mean it's not like it's big money out of your pocket.

I personally love the way the 323 looks. I like the 323 better than any protege aside from the 94 with the rounded front lights.
                      Also the 323 just looks much sicker with a GTR or GTX rear and front bumper and the 2 rear spoilers. Add a good set of 15 or 16" rims and then drop the car low like dru's car and **** you got magic. I already got my GC coilovers for 130 shipped and I am almost on my way there.

I just say if you can do it and you have the resources .. **** go for it. do it ... and make sure you take plenty of photo's and upload them ...

--------------
                      1ofthefew .. go to www.xpphotoalbum.com and get an account there. You can upload photo's and also host them. You can also give people the link and they don't have to sign in...
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well I haven't started yet.....still gotta find a 323 for a good price. Then I'm not sure if I wanna put the BP in it anymore, maybe get the 1.6 GTX motor and slap that bad boy in there...time will tell if I keep the BP in the Pro or throw the KL into the pro its still in the air. I love the idea of a V-6 though.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. As soon as I start I will post pics and keep you guys in the know on how it's going.

I will end up haveing to get another protege rear clip though; unless I use the one on my carwhich i don't want to do. I went out and looked at the parts car that I have and It would be too much work to fix. I'd be way better off getting another one...That won't be too bad seeing as I can get one w/ a sunroof for about $300 so... I wonder if I can make this like a $1,000 Budget project....Of course all I have to buy is parts..300 rear clip leaves me about 700 to find a 323 w/ a wrecked rear end...I might be able to do it if there aren't any complications ran into. Man I really wish I bought a 323 I ran into a few months back it was hit in th rear, not too bad just enough to push in the tails barely. The guy wanted $250 for it it ran and everyhting was a 5 Speed w/ a 1.8 SOHC in it(yes it was the 1.8 not the 1.6). IIRC i think that it had a sun-roof also not too sure on that though...Oh Well I will just have to either look for a junked or wrecked one..

Comment

Someone get a side shot of a Protege and a 323 that are the same color, and Photochop them together...
                          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

I have side shots of my 323... in the link in my sig. So if you can find a protege the same color , then have fun.

I can also take photo's of my 323 from any angle, just let me know.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah I would like to see a photochop that would be cool I can get pics of mine if the person doesn't mind making them both the same (the 323 & Pro) color something like a light color so we can see easily what it would look like...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X