No announcement yet.

BMW headlights installed! *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks amazing! I want to put in a recomendation for the grille... keep the rectangular part of the original grill and just cut the inside part out. then put in the mesh u have to fill in the gap. That's what I did with my old Protege and it looked great. I've seen another member do the same thing, I forget who it was though.
    -Robert
    '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
      Looks amazing! I want to put in a recomendation for the grille... keep the rectangular part of the original grill and just cut the inside part out. then put in the mesh u have to fill in the gap. That's what I did with my old Protege and it looked great. I've seen another member do the same thing, I forget who it was though.
      The problem is that I have to trim the outside of the grill in order to fit it. I had the same idea though and I'll probably end up modifing it somehow and putting mesh just like you said. If things go well, I might even end up making a totally custom piece but it's too early to tell as of now.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Cool they look good, I also planned on doing this w/ the angel eye projectors. How did you get yours for a bill? If I could find some that cheap I might not wait as long to do it Hope the Grille Comes along good.

Comment

Oh and were they hard to wire up?? Can you do a write up on that..like which wire on the light went to which pre-existing wire? Or just kinda explain it in a post...please...pretty pleeeeeaaasse

Comment

sweetness. too bad the 323 has the slanted headlights. Guess its Mirage beams for me.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Great job!!!
              1992 Protege DX - 5 spd (bought new in '92)
              1999 Tahoe LT - 2wd<---got IVANized now we have a 1999 Suburban LT
              2005 Keystone Outback 21' TT
              2007 Volvo S40
              ~~~Hawaiian Style~~~

cardomain.com/memberpage/621985
              cardomain.com/memberpage/643906
              weedlesswillie.com

Comment

Did you buy those headlights brand new or pull it at a junk yard? How much custom work did they require to fit?

Comment

awesome job man...looks real good...

Comment

dude that looks sweet! one question, what clears are those on there?
                    94 Protege DX. Custom Intake. Kartboy Short Shifter. Grant GT Steering wheel. Shift knob and boot. Autometer tachometer and air/fuel ratio gauge. Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico ZX2 Struts. Fog lights. Assorted neon lights. Rebuilt motor.

Comment

Looks nice
                      I know what you mean when someome asks you how did u do that and when you tell them all the cutting u did, there like thats ok. The cool thing about it is u be the only Protege in Skokie with those lights.

Heres a close up picture of the lights on my 323. Had them on my car for three months now.

This 323 its' a frind of mine. I had put the projectors on and a week later they stole the car. He got the car back ,but they took the lights, rims and side mirrors. Tomorrow where going to put another set projectors on, but the black ones.
                      Last edited by foreword; 03-06-2004, 12:23 AM.
                      own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

Originally posted by greenlantern94
                        dude that looks sweet! one question, what clears are those on there?
                        From the group buy awhile back.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

man, the gap between the lights and the clears are not very visible, are they??

if they are very visible, what do ull plan on doing to reduce the gap??

Comment

The Mirage light look really nice, but I couldn't justify a '94 front end conversion just to make them fit.
                            Here's two pics that I took during the install. In the second pic, I've put arrows at all the places that required cutting or some sort of modification. I doubt you'll be able to use your stock headlights once you slaughter the car like that.

Darryl, I did weigh the headlights and the BMW ones are 3/4lb heavier. Not that bad, considering that I've probably reduced a lot more weight with all the cutting.
                            '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                              man, the gap between the lights and the clears are not very visible, are they??

if they are very visible, what do ull plan on doing to reduce the gap??
                              You have to grind the corners up. Put a screw with a washer under the corner. So it will hook up to the bottom body part under the light. I had alot of trouble installing the lights because the car was hit before on my second try even harder because the didn't have the same factory light brackets.

Identity_X got any pictures with the lights on?
                              Last edited by foreword; 03-07-2004, 03:30 PM.
                              own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

I actually did not modify the corners at all. I know what you're saying and it's probably a good way to get rid of the gap, but here's what I did with my headlights and it turned out pretty well:

Modify light so the corner can get attached to it:

Here's how they go together:

And the result- minimal gap and a solid way to hold the corner in place. Once on the car, there's no movement at all:
                                '91 LX

Comment

Working...
                                X