Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing both non-functional intermittent wiper AND failure of wiper park function.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing both non-functional intermittent wiper AND failure of wiper park function.

I had the luxury of having both the intermittent setting and the wiper home/rest position fail. The FSM would have you believe that failure to park is only a harness or wiper motor issue. The parking issue was more pressing to me than the intermittent setting, so I've been focusing on the harness and motor.

Finally managed to test a known good relay and everything was working.

Took the known bad apart and I had a dry burnt joint on one of the internal relays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	1275434

Just throw some more solder on there and try to save $150 on a new relay. The blue relays are German and pretty expensive at $20 a pop. I would try to harvest a usable one from a Junkyard relay if that turns out to be nonworking.

Also of note they used black epoxy to help keep the caps from vibrating to failure and I thought they were all blown to hell.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	1275433

TL;DR if BOTH Parking and intermittent is broken its likely just the relay, despite what the FSM says.
    Attached Files
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.
Working...
X