323 stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 stalling

well i never test drove my 323 before i bought it .. and it was delieverd to me so the only driving i did was parking it, and it... then i finally got it on the road the other day and i put my intake offa my protege on it with the rx7 vaf, and the car would stall everyonce and a while, i would be going down the road nad sometimes the acceleration would just cut out and i could push teh pedal down all the way and it woudlnt do a thing for a few sec. then it would work normal.. and when it does this even if i push the clutch in and the gas 2 rev it, it doesnt do a thing it still wont accel.. and everyonce and a while as im comming to a stop or taking off from a stop it will randomly stall, ( and its not stalling like im letting out the clutch 2 soon and it will shake and then stall out) it just stalls, idk how to explain it, so anyway i put the stock intake back on thinking that would be the prob, but it is still doing it with the stock intake bakc on , i dont know what to do

Did you take the RX7 VAF off? as I was reading it I immediately thought the VAF was your culprit as you never mentioned tuning it. but if you have the 323 VAF back in place, im not too sure...

Comment

yeah the whole stock intake is on there including the b6maf

Comment

Try resetting the ECU
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yeah i did that.., but its like if im going in 1st gear sometimes it will stall and after i put it inot 2nd.. but once im in 3rd gear or higher it wont stall it just wont accelerate no matter what i do.., and it seems to be getting worse
          Last edited by Chad; 02-02-2005, 06:35 PM.

Comment

you have a hole in the intake somewhere.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

does it start to not rev at a certain throttle %? Like if you 1/5th floor the pedal does it accel fine but then drop rev's off after 20%? Mine did that and it was my o2 sensor screwing with my fuel tuning.

Try this..........cut a peice of short wire & trip the DIAG box's TEN and GND pins. Start the car...does it run and drive fine? If it does, you know its one of your sensors & not a timing issue, vac leak or clogged injector.

Also see if you can pull any codes, even if your CEL isn't lit, it can still throw a code indicating a sensor isn't working correctly.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

put some fuel injector cleaner in and a full tank of gas.. it runs fine now

Comment

Working...
                X