muffler with silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffler with silencer

i brought an ebay muffler a couples month ago but every time that i put the silencer on i felt the car with more power have anybody had the same experince or is just me that am going crazy
    ANGEL

some back pressure can help with torque in your lower RPM range, hence your butt dyno feels a lil more power.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

yep, i get the same deal with mine. I also have a tunable silencer

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
        some back pressure can help with torque in your lower RPM range, hence your butt dyno feels a lil more power.
        backpressure is bad. You want a system with as little backpressure as possible.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          backpressure is bad. You want a system with as little backpressure as possible.
          I know that. With the silencer in it does create backpressure though, and some backpressure can add a lil low end torque, but it also will kill the top end on top end loving motors, like the BP's. I should have been lil more clear on my first post.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

It could just be that you are accelerating at the same speed with less noise so you think your going faster? I just put a muffler on my car and it seems slower to me.I think it's because it makes more noise.
            1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
            Plus new
            1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
              I know that. With the silencer in it does create backpressure though, and some backpressure can add a lil low end torque, but it also will kill the top end on top end loving motors, like the BP's. I should have been lil more clear on my first post.
              lol... I was gonna say I know you know better than that, you have been around long enough...... Sorry wasnt looking to start anything it just osunded like you were saying backpressure is a good thing over all.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X