Swap done agian!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap done agian!!

Well I got the bpt in my new car. I feel sick sending my black baby to the scrapper, but hey. I spent yesterday swapping in the gtx. No I have to wait for the new intercooler to show up next tuesday befor I can drive her. I think I really enjoy doing motor swaps. The first time I put the motor in it took me 8 hours. Yesterday I started at 8am and was done well befor 1pm. **** I was haulin ass. I am in the proeccess of making an ECU adapter to wire my safc into. That way I don't have to mess with the factory wires. And that way when my GTR ecu shows up I can just plug it in with no prob. Ill take pics as I make the harnees to help anyone elso who wants to make one.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

I wish i had a GTX motor.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

DId I miss the pix of the new car or haven't you posted any yet.

Comment

nice job dood. Good work.

GTR ecu?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

No I haven'tposted pics of the new car. Maybe Ill take some today. Ya corksport is getting me a gtr ecu for 225 bucks. Not bad. Plus theyll give me all the wiring diagrams Ill need.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

what kind of gains with a GTR ECU?

Comment

thats what I was trying to figure out..... are the gains to be expected with a GTR ecu? I know that the fuel maps are probably made for higher hp applications, but that wouldnt increase power unless youa re going to be turning up the boost way high.

Comment

congrats! and..... I wouldn't recommend getting too good at doing this.....
                  Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

Originally posted by naprotejay
                    congrats! and..... I wouldn't recommend getting too good at doing this.....
                    To late. The gtr ecu gives about ten extra horses by just plugging it in. I was running 12 psi so any help with fuel and timing will be a plus. I was using the stock bp ecu, so it has to be better than that!

Comment

how come i wan't aware that you can just plug the GTR ecu in and run without issues.... D'oh
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well there are some pins that need to be change, but that will take 5 mins or so. Ill post a how to on it when I do the conversion. I believe there are also some wires that need to be ran. There is an extra one for the jdm throttle body, and the knock sensor needs to be wired. So I guess it isn't plug and play but hey, it will so be worth it.

Comment

have you dynoed the 2?

How can you be sure of the differences? I'm not trying to start some crap or say its impossible or anything, I am just curious what your basing your claims on.

I would have thought that since the GTR has low impedance injectors and other crap, you would need to do more than just move a few pins and run a wire or 2 here or there.

Comment

Working...
                          X