No announcement yet.

locked keys in car, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit tricky, but ever thought about removing the fender, then un-bolt the door? The hardest part is getting the hood latch to release, behind the grille its just 3 10mm bolts.
    Open the hood, remove the fender. 4 bolts to take the door off the hinges. Should be able to get in from there.

Take this as a lesson and put one of those magnetic key box things under your car.

although brick is fun (cheater pipe @ junkyard bustin hondas is fun too ) as said it can get messy. Would be cool to watch though.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
      I vote brick.
      ok, but your doin' the How-To :p:
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
        I vote brick.
        If you he goes that route then we want video please.

Comment

I thought there was a bolt holding in the fender that was behind the door... As in, i could swore I had to open the door to unscrew one bolt that held the fender in. I may be wrong, it's been a long time, but that's my input. And you can get the hood latch to open?! Damnit, now I'm getting nervous about how easy my car is to steal...
          To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
          http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

Originally posted by 13r1an
            I thought there was a bolt holding in the fender that was behind the door... As in, i could swore I had to open the door to unscrew one bolt that held the fender in. I may be wrong, it's been a long time, but that's my input. And you can get the hood latch to open?! Damnit, now I'm getting nervous about how easy my car is to steal...
            correct, but with all the others gone, the fender swings out of the way

Comment

mazda charged 20bux for a replacement key

they didn't ask for any proof of ownership, just a vin

WATCH OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisKory

WATCH OUT!
                hence why you shouldn't post or give out your vin

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisKory

WATCH OUT!
                  This is incredible. That's what you get when you put an ignoramus behind the counter. What a dangerous situation. Then again, there's a couple of you guy's cars here that I find pretty cool. BuaHaHaHa! What's the name of that dealership? Seriously, though. You should call that dealership up and complain. Not to the parts manager, or any other dept. Talk to the dealership general manager. Better yet, go in person with receipt and all.
                  Last edited by mannydingo; 08-27-2005, 07:46 PM.

Comment

you guys are missing one major point of breaking windows.

Why does the **** embed into your seat after a break-in?

b/c the stupid ghetto peice ofs hit that broke in SAT ON YOUR SEAT PRESSING THE GLASS INTO IT!

duh!

If you simply break the window with a hammer in one hand & a vaccuum in the other, you really think that glass is going to stay in there forever if you immediately vaccuum it before sitting on the glass?

**** worked fine on my pos old chevy nova lol, i never had glass fragments everywhere and ****.
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

My car was not sat on, it was vandalized for the fun of it. The guys took off. I had a Nova too. It was a 76. We also had a 75 and a 77. Let me tell you something, those inline 6's lasted forever also. This was while American cars were still great cars. Now if you wanted horsepower you needed to go with another car.

Comment

Wow, I don't know what you guys are talking about, the 1st gen door locks are extremely easy to pick. Just go straight down with a partially unbent coathanger, and pull up the latch.
                        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

I have read alot of you saying that you are pulling up on something??? I have broke into my car several times with an 'L' shaped coathanger, the L being an 1" long. anyway.... I always was pushing down on something and the lock would pop up. And as far and pullung up on the door handle or lock handle with a coat hanger.. no, the door handle does nothing and the lock handle is a tab shape, nothing to 'catch'. So as far getting your door open, find a coat hanger and start 'hunting'

Also, getting the hanger in is easy, there is a space and the end of the weather stripping.

Comment

At my local Mazda dealer there is a sign saying that replacement keys will only be made if you have the VIN, License/registration etc, and photo ID all with the same name, address etc on them......
                            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

If you're in CA I can probably get your VIN from your license plate... lol.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X