Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather have the teal after all the stupid traffic stops I get with the Red LX

What is with that??

Originally posted by bandman659 View Post
    Echoing the time travel sentiment. If I could go back, I'd get a brand new 94 LX, this time with a 5 speed and probably a different color. The teal that like 80% of all BG Proteges/323s were painted is alright, but I'm not crazy about it.

It's kinda interesting to think that when my folks and I were out looking for my first car in 1999 (yeah, yeah, my folks had a 6k limit on whatever I got), it came down to either the 94 LX auto that I got or a 95 Eclipse GS auto at the same dealership. So glad I got the Protege. I'd have turned out to be a dickhead if I got the Eclipse It had a 1 month/1k mile warranty on it and we used it, by God. It needed CV axles when we got it, so they replaced them under warranty. So far, I've only had to replace the CVs, radiator, temp sensors (all 3 of them), and the intake tube. Pretty good for a cheap little runabout.
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

Mileage on my Pro

Here is the actual mileage as of Sunday
      Attached Files

Comment

Gotta love that...

Originally posted by 91ProLX View Post
        Here is the actual mileage as of Sunday
        I think JHOs is up there also, this is great.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

way to rock it!! 245K is impressive!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I scrap last summer my first protege who had 250.xxx, And now my 323 have 240.xxx on the body and aprox. 170.xxx on the engine. My Protege 5 has 145.xxx

Mazda Familia GTX AWD 1991
            Mazda Protege 5 2002 : The daily Drive
            Mazda 323 Bp 1994 : The project

Comment

my 91 has as of today 345,000km original motor n trans....still going strong

Comment

Guys as impresive as all this is.....

Originally posted by tireboy View Post
                my 91 has as of today 345,000km original motor n trans....still going strong

I gave a Ford EGT Cayman to my good friend to completely refurb and customize as he sees fit. He an his father wanted one since 1991 as a joint project. Now they have one ant he body is sound, no rust.

Total car miles 354k, and the damned thing was still hot. It ran great. Cayman Tom put a new cat on it and it passed emission in Akron, OH.

I was the third owner, and too many projects and in the Egt dept. too much good luck at finding good bodies not to share with my friend and his father.

They had been searching for 10-15 years. His father just retired from Ford in OH.

These engines are strong, and the Egts don't even have the bearing support plate as the Mazda...the Mazda Ford needs to turn on the light bulb again!

As to reconsider remaking and redesigning the BF/BG versions of the 323 Proteges. the fuel economy is phenominal. 1 tank of fuel from Lexington Ky. to just south of Chicago,IL.

Last year Lex.,Ky. to Baraboo, WI. 1.5 tanks of fuel.

My air box has not even been deek with!!

My 88 323 SE BF, is even better on fuel knocking on 48 MPG, so close to 50. And the old bucket is paid for.
                It has AC, Heat, and seats 4. What a sweet ride!

My LX now has 201,602k and is grounded for refurb Monday.

Thanks to all contributors for this club I've been so successful to keep this car my #1 beater. Also I'm learning to work on my own stuff and be confident in my work.

David
                Ky
                Last edited by riverrunnernky; 04-13-2008, 03:06 PM.
                David
                sigpic Ky

Comment

Flipped 166,000 yesterday morning
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

May as well update since I've put on a lot of miles since I first posted in this thread.

254K miles. Differential broke 3 weeks ago (not the car's fault really; if I had been nice to it over the years it would still be going). Did my BP/trans swap and am back on the road.

Original SOHC engine is still totally fine.

Clint
                    1994 Mazda Protege DX (261Kmiles): Eibach springs, Tokico struts, Addco sway bars, massively ghetto-fabulous OBX camber bolts set to max. -ve, Energy Suspension LCA bushings, disc brake conversion, Carbotech XP8 (front) and AX6 (rear) pads, ATE Superblue, 15x7 Kazera KZ-M w/ 205/50/15 Avon Tech Ra (track), 15x6 Miata wheels w/ 195/50/15 Hankook Ventus R-S2 (street) and 14" stock wheels w/ Blizzak WS-60 (ice racing), A/C delete, BP swap, POS Pacesetter (w/ leak), 2.25" custom exhaust, cage and full SCCA ITA prep possibly in the works...

1995 3000GT VR-4:Tein Flex, 332mm Stoptechs, manual steering conversion, custom brake lines with cockpit-mounted prop. valve, AWS delete, DSM sidemounts, full ATR single-exit, 13g/9b mismatch w/9psi WG springs, DN o2 housings, SAFC, AEM wideband, much more, etc.

1987 BMW 325is:Bilsteins/H&R Springs, very solid motor mounts, 220k - stodgy daily driver

Comment

It's a looker too Chris....

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                      Flipped 166,000 yesterday morning
                      Lots improved since I first saw it last year at Quacker Oafs and lube.
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
                        Lots improved since I first saw it last year at Quacker Oafs and lube.
                        Ty sir.
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I'm at 188630 right now, on my green EGT. Probably 190k in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm just over 188,000 kms on my 91 GT. I know it will last forever because my old 323 LX had 350,000 km on the original drivetrain when I sold it last year, and was still running like a top.

91_protege_gt E36 BMW 325iS, Mk3 VW Golf WB, Mk2 VW Jetta WB

Comment

Cool Sarge....

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                              I'm at 188630 right now, on my green EGT. Probably 190k in a few weeks.
                              He bro, can you make this years Meet in Ky???

Did we have a blast last year or what??
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

148,000. Just got the car. Geez, what a runner.
                                1994 Protege DX

Comment

Working...
                                X