Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty good deal for theater tech work, in my experience. I wouldn't have made that around here at all. Good thing I just did it on a weekend here and there, and for the college campus that's only about a mile away. Did you do sound, lights, sets, or pretty much everything?

--sarge

Comment

It was full booth equipment.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

1992 pro. lx 247.013 miles bought it brand new still factory clutch,alt.,starter da only thing i ever changed besides normal maintenance stuff is radiator and clutch master cylinder, i dont need too tell u people how much i love this car!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wil2024 View Post
          1992 pro. lx 247.013 miles bought it brand new still factory clutch,alt.,starter da only thing i ever changed besides normal maintenance stuff is radiator and clutch master cylinder, i dont need too tell u people how much i love this car!!!
          Impressive
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

WOW! you must drive from coast to coast! Very nice!

Comment

I have 94,000miles (152,000kms) on the Protege I just bought.
              1995 Mazda Protege S (BG)
              2000 Toyota Echo

Comment

Originally posted by wil2024 View Post
                Very nice... Think you'll hit 300,000? You must be real light on the clutch... I'm on my second clutch/transmission, and the clutch is just barely gonna make it to 300k.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

my 90 4WD Pro has 158600+ on it, with the original clutch.. need replacing ASAP, barely made it home from IA, because of one "slightly spiritied" gravel excursion.

my 90 323 has 183000+ on the chassis, probably about 5-6k less on the engine (BP from an EGT.)

the 92 EGT I mentioned a few pages back has 190K on it and counting, but I sold it to make room for the 90 4WD.

808, Do you actually hang/focus lights, or is that all done before you get there? Do you just get the cues written in the systems, and/or run the boards during shows?

I was tech director for a few years at a university theater, where we had a few community theater productions each year. I was a techie there for close onto 10 years, and acted in a few of the shows too. Sometimes I really miss that life, but Autocross brought my car addiction back to the forefront, so my nights/weekends are spent on that now instead of theater.

--sarge

Comment

I actually ran the sound board for my high school theatre dept all 4 years of high school. I thought about going to college for theatre but ended up getting too addicted to cars, so I went to Ivy Tech for automotive technology.

Comment

just rolled over 70,000 today
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                        808, Do you actually hang/focus lights, or is that all done before you get there? Do you just get the cues written in the systems, and/or run the boards during shows?

I was tech director for a few years at a university theater, where we had a few community theater productions each year. I was a techie there for close onto 10 years, and acted in a few of the shows too. Sometimes I really miss that life, but Autocross brought my car addiction back to the forefront, so my nights/weekends are spent on that now instead of theater.

--sarge
                        Wrong kind of theater. Movie theaters for me.

Comment

I just got a 1994 Mazda Protege DX Automatic. Has 142,xxx miles on it. Runs great. Stock Motor and frame. Got the car for $950. I found a body kit I want, but its $1200 and my rents say its a waste of money cuz the body kit is more expensive then the car itself....

Comment

over 70K now
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I looked at the odometer this morning and on my way home from work I will be flipping to 169,000 miles. Only took me since feb 05 till now to put 20k miles on her lol.3yrs 7 months. Holy **** I don't drive my car enough.
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Haha... I wish it took me that long to rack up 20k miles. My driving has slowed down tremendously since a couple years ago... I still probably do 20k a year in my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X