Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at least it was an lx doing towing and not a dx or else it woulda been worse! lol
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

just got mine, and it's 407,xxx kilometers.
      93 323, 94 MX-3, 04 MSM, 83 Jeep Cherokee, 87 b2000
      www.gunshowracing.com

Comment

190k, original engine, chassis and clutch. Still gets in the range of 35mpg

Comment

Attached Files
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I recently installed some HID's on my protege....I reeeaaally like em! so much more visibility and nobodys been flashing their headlights like i'm blinding them too.

As for the driver side window lift motor....that's gonna make me want to break this F**kin door into pieces...this is the 2nd time i've replaced the motor and it will not lift the stupid glass back up. I get the clicking noise like it's too weak.
            I'm about to change over the driv side to a manual crank window, and just use the other 3 power windows as is.
            Chris
            94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
            2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
            -John Wayne
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

Are you sure it's the motor that's bad? Isn't there a regulator for power windows that could be causing problems?

Just my insight on the situation.

Comment

I switched both the driver side and passenger side window motor and regulator. The passenger side has been working fine ever since I ordered them. Seeing how the driver side gets used the most, I figured that's why it wore down faster. Once that happened(later on last year) I couldn't find any of them for sale like before. I actually got them off ebay, and they were redesigned to match the same sprocket as the rear motors. They're finally back on sale on ebay so I ordered the motor and regulator again. I noticed this time that there's a 1 year warranty so I'm gonna hold onto that paperwork. It costs about 63 bucks so I'll find out how it goes in about a week.
                Chris
                94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                -John Wayne
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

Well I don't know what else it could be then, lol. Sounds like you have everything under control though.

Comment

What's all the talk about? This is a milege thread
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I broke 177k this week
                      Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
                      1991 Protégé LX SOLD
                      1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
                      1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
                      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
                      1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

My 4wd turned 20 this month. 156k mi. so far.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          What's all the talk about? This is a milege thread

right?
                          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                          sigpic

Comment

just hit 210,000. B8 power!lol
                            94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
                            lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
                            Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Flipped 183,000 miles this morning
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

I'm at 195,000...burns very little oil...
                                1992 Protege DX - 5 spd (bought new in '92)
                                1999 Tahoe LT - 2wd<---got IVANized now we have a 1999 Suburban LT
                                2005 Keystone Outback 21' TT
                                2007 Volvo S40
                                ~~~Hawaiian Style~~~

cardomain.com/memberpage/621985
                                cardomain.com/memberpage/643906
                                weedlesswillie.com

Comment

Working...
                                X