Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not selling... It's going to be my spare parts car...just about everything matches my GT...I'm putting it out in a field and leaving it there...This way if I ever need any, and I mean ANY part for my GT years down the road, there will be one out in a field waiting for me...lol
    91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
    2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
    Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
    My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

Bone yard it!
      David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

118k original tranny and engine...her body is rough...
        If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Bought from Turpro. 196,xxx and climbing. Burning a bit of oil but running hard.
          -88 Mitsubishi Starion-
          -93 Mazda Protege LX-

Comment

Originally posted by drugblock View Post
            Bought from Turpro. 196,xxx and climbing. Burning a bit of oil but running hard.
            I don't know much but if Chris' old car engine is like mine the valve stem seals are original and they are hardened from age and will allow oil to get through and the engine will smoke until the seals warm and expand to stop the oil from entry to be burned with the fuel. After it sits for a few hours in cold weather I will start it and let it idle to warm then drive away. I believe to take off soon after the car is started forces the oil past the seals thusly burning a huge trail down the road to make everyone think the old car is soon to die. Also I use Lucas oil supplement once avery 4k. That is correct, I change mine on 4k intervals.

My 323 SE, manual calls for 6k and that is how I do it too.

My Pro LX is nearing 250k and strong as ever.

Good luck, I love Chris' old car!
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

slowly approaching 151k in my 4wd. bought it with 138ishK!
              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

92 protege lx with 230k still going strong
                sigpic

Comment

Well my protege is all original so far. 1.8L SOHC
                  only has 180,000Km I live in Canada so it is in Km

Comment

90 000 km (56,000 mi) on my old girl.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

143,444 as of the oil change today.
                      My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

These cars are not just getting old, the miles are climbing and so, we need another thread or edit the graph to reflect miles where above 185k. My Pro has exceeded 227k. Still going strong. My BF is an 88 at 265k and ugly but strong as hell.
                        David
                        sigpic Ky

Comment

My 93 protege LX has over 300,000 miles. And it still feels like it could make another trip to California and back. Neither the trans or engine have been rebuilt.
                          My other car is a bicycle.

Comment

I really wonder if nowdays mazdas can last for so many miles.. they really dont build em as they did in general and i cant find a newer one with high mileage and no problems whatever the car brand... as the matter of fact companies make more money from repair parts rather than sales of their cars...
                            p.s hitting 340k kms soon!

Comment

I agree Nato on the whole "They don't build them like they used to" theory. Thats why I like old cars so much.
                              My other car is a bicycle.

Comment

i agree 150% .. my 323 is a prime example of of that build quality .

Comment

Working...
                                X