Bodywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodywork

Some doehead hit the hatchback on our 323, damaged past repair. So rather than pay the deductible and raised premiums I got a used rustfree hatchback. Since Iwas planning on installing a GTR spoiler I bought, I thought I would take the opportunity to shave the rinky dink 3rd brakelight.

Jebus, I have learned new respect for the artists that body men are. I have sanded, primed, filled, sanded and filled, and primed some more. It is coming along but I will have to invest some time yet before i am satisfied with the final outcome.

Will post some pics of progress when I get the time. Here are a couple of pics.

Pat.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sube; 03-24-2006, 07:20 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by sube
    Some doehead hit the hatchback on our 323, damaged past repair. So rather than pay the deductible and raised premiums I got a used rustfree hatchback. Since Iwas planning on installing a GTR spoiler I bought, I thought I would take the opportunity to shave the rinky dink 3rd brakelight.

Jebus, I have learned new respect for the artists that body men are. I have sanded, primed, filled, sanded and filled, and primed some more. It is coming along but I will have to invest some time yet before i am satisfied with the final outcome.

Will post some pics of progress when I get the time.

Pat.
    the hole thats left htere were the 3rd brake light was... u didnt just put a bunch of bondo in their and sand it did u ....

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
      the hole thats left htere were the 3rd brake light was... u didnt just put a bunch of bondo in their and sand it did u ....
      Nope, I brazed a plate in first, then leveled it with filler, actually feathering the filleer out to where you can't see an edge is where the secret to good bobywork is.

Pat.
      sigpic

Comment

Congrates! Your car won't pass a safety inspection and won't be licenseable without a 3rd brake light. Way to go!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

im guessing the spoiler he got has LED ?? .. at least i would hope it is..

and congrats on doign bodywork the right way haha

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
            Congrates! Your car won't pass a safety inspection and won't be licenseable without a 3rd brake light. Way to go!
            Yeah Chad is right I have a GTR spoiler with the brake light. I didn't see the point of leaving that small brake light when I have the spoiler. I hate that rinky dink light anyway. Before I got the spoiler I had toyed with the idea of mounting an led brake at the top of the tailgate on the inside and shaving that abortion.

Pat.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice work Pat!

MazKid, I hope you caught the fact that he's mounting a GTR spoiler on the hatch. They have the LED 3rd brake light.
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

I missed that part. Doh!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                  I missed that part. Doh!
                  I just re read your origional post and realised this was one of your frequent attempts at being a smart ass. A bit of advice my friend, engage your brain before you shift your mouth, or in this case your fingers. That way you won't have to dig your feet out of your mouth or piss people off.

Pat.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                    Nice work Pat!

MazKid, I hope you caught the fact that he's mounting a GTR spoiler on the hatch. They have the LED 3rd brake light.
                    You just beat me to it Mike in pointing that out.

Pat.
                    sigpic

Comment

ummm just thinking not every state needs you to have the third brake light working texas oklahoma wyoming and minn come to mind three of those ok wy and mn dont have any inspection at all safety or smog. for example the shops here dont even car when i went there to have them fix a cracked weld on my exhaust he was a nice enough guy to take my cat out for me too.
                      mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
                      X