Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped some seafoam into the oil and fuel yesterday. Gettin all the gunk loose before I do an oil change.

I also use my pro as a psuedo mobile toolbox. :p I had it parked in front of my Trans Am - Trunk open with tool box at the ready. I was installing a MSD HEI Ignition coil.

Comment

I pulled all the carpet in my hatch and put in manual seatbelts. started it up and was gonna go hang out with people and realized that i didn't have any dash lights or tail lights or anything. so i gotta chase down a wire or a fuse or something.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

my car smokes yet another thing i need to replace
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          my car smokes yet another thing i need to replace
          Smoking is a nasty habit.

Comment

Put in a new distro o-ring, cap, and rotor. The car is WAY MORE powerful now, I think my old stuff was defective. The change made a really noticeable difference in power. Then I did the fuel filter, fixed the window washers, installed the front strut tower bar, put in coolant, changed the oil and filter, put on the winter bleh radials.

Comment

grounded it... car still feels the same to me

passenger's side

intake manifold

distributor

AFM

transmission

you think the wire close to the distributor is OK? it's not really touching it, it's more like a penny thickness away

Comment

daisy chaining wires is less efficient than if each single ground wire run to the battery terminal..

thats why grounding kits come with the mounting ring that goes directly on the terminal and all the grounding wires are attached to it. You can, however, fabricate your own bus plate and run all your grounds directly to it.

theres some posts about it around here somewhere..

Lookin good tho.
                Last edited by 92dx; 09-24-2006, 02:25 PM.
                DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

well it's nice to know i'm finding this out now

so basically what i did was a waste of time and money? is it fixable? cuz all the wires are already cut to length, and it was expensive!
                  Last edited by jamaican; 09-24-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
                    Put in a new distro o-ring, cap, and rotor. The car is WAY MORE powerful now, I think my old stuff was defective. The change made a really noticeable difference in power. Then I did the fuel filter, fixed the window washers, installed the front strut tower bar, put in coolant, changed the oil and filter, put on the winter bleh radials.
                    Word to your moms.

Sounds like a productive day.

Comment

Tried to put that little light above the ignition into my 323, didnt work, it gets power but no ground, is there a switch on the door or something that turns it on?
                      sigpic
                      1990 EGT Turbo RIP
                      1995 EGT GTX RIP
                      1991 323 GTX swapped
                      2003.5 MSP

Comment

Originally posted by ghaze24
                        Tried to put that little light above the ignition into my 323, didnt work, it gets power but no ground, is there a switch on the door or something that turns it on?
                        You need the subcomputer thingage from an LX

Comment

Oh, that makes sense, thanks
                          sigpic
                          1990 EGT Turbo RIP
                          1995 EGT GTX RIP
                          1991 323 GTX swapped
                          2003.5 MSP

Comment

Well we had to smog gtxfamilia's car so we made a bp26 n/a. We just swapped exhaust manifolds, removed the fmic, capped the oil return and coolant supply lines, and swapped injectors. We left the Gtx intake manifold, rx7 turboII fuel pump, and msd 6btm ignition. It took us 4 hrs to swap everything including the exhaust. It runs perfect but we could only get 80mph out of 3rd gear on the fwy.
                            Kinda SLOW due to lower compression, but with the stage 3 clutch its overkill for the n/a. But still does a good burn out! We will swap everything back next week.

Also my car needs smog also so im gonna detune the motor and try and pass w/the turbo.
                            Last edited by TurboProto; 09-25-2006, 11:19 AM.
                            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Well I installed new rotors and an amp for my front speakers! Carpet and new rear speaker mounts to go in later this week also Ventshades to go in tonight, I've been busy!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

I installed new pads and rotors and vacuumed the interior

Comment

Working...
                                X