This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the mx3 LCA's & the mx3 steering rack

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes I like the sprint springs myself but their 2" drop still looks more like 1" drop. I can not tell the difference so I cut my sprint springs but they are very comfy even tho I've already cut almost 2 full coils . It's hard to get that low look without sacrificing the ride. The sprint springs (cut) gave me that look with a very comfy ride. And just so you guys know. I have owned ground control, weapon R, Progress springs, sprint, ebay coilovers and I only like the sprint out of all of them. I don't think I'm ghetto for cutting my sprint. I just can not find the the height and ride that I want without cutting it.

I like the OEM shocks too because its not too stiff. Use to own those silver KYB and it gave me a headache. I'm more into drag not really into road racing. I road race my RC cars but not the real cars. Just want to go fast straight and have acomfy ride for daily drive .
      '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
      '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Hey, to each his own. If you're happy, don't worry about it! Build your car for yourself, and if other people happen to like it, that's just a bonus. My philosophy, anyway.

Comment

I sold her

Guy down the street bought her for his girlfriends first car. He seems knowledgeable about repairs and maintenance so I know its going into good hands. I'll still be around here because the Integra forums all suck and I still enjoy this damn car so much!!! Also, the good thing about it being down the street is I get to drive by and make sure shes doing alright!!!

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
            I sold her

Guy down the street bought her for his girlfriends first car. He seems knowledgeable about repairs and maintenance so I know its going into good hands. I'll still be around here because the Integra forums all suck and I still enjoy this damn car so much!!! Also, the good thing about it being down the street is I get to drive by and make sure shes doing alright!!!
            Hey can I see a pic of ur integra? But dont post it here tho open up a new thread. Thanks
            '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
            '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

ask and ye shall recieve:

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26422

and ps...im not a whore
              Last edited by EricM; 10-02-2006, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I took off my old dull looking 1991 tails and garnish(cracked) and replaced them with some newer shiney 1992 tails and garnish, and I gotta say, I like the rounded look better than the angled look of the 91's.

Thanks goes out to SilverChris for taking the time to box them up and ship them to me, as well as his patience waiting for payment, thanks and props for a great seller!

I'll get pics as soon as I can, I just sold my Digital Camera to upgrade, but a large bill came up and zapped that cash right out of my pocket, so now I gotta wait! Now it's do I tint the windows or get a new camera this weekend?

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                  what's up with bitch ass niggaz alway's talikg **** [pun intented] so what i cut the springs. and that tryin to be down **** i aint even a mazda nigga and probaly owned better mazda's than you 3-323 gt's,3-323 gtx's still got 2 sittin in my yard now with nothing wrong with them just dont really pay them any mind plus a pro 4wd just sittin nothin wrong with that either. and that's only the recent mazda ****. welfare huh yea i bet.
                  awesome man

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                    what's up with bitch ass niggaz alway's talikg **** [pun intented] so what i cut the springs. and that tryin to be down **** i aint even a mazda nigga and probaly owned better mazda's than you 3-323 gt's,3-323 gtx's still got 2 sittin in my yard now with nothing wrong with them just dont really pay them any mind plus a pro 4wd just sittin nothin wrong with that either. and that's only the recent mazda ****. welfare huh yea i bet.
                    You sure have a lot of cars for someone that probably didn't make it past grade school. Why don't you try to clean up your vocabulary and grammar so you don't make our forum look bad, OK?

Comment

As for people questioning the cut spring method, ask yourself, in what form of organized racing do people use cut springs? The answer to that is none, and there is a reason. The reason people don't use cut springs is because it completely skews the spring rate, and makes it very difficult to match with a damper. Not that most of the people here are "high tech" enough to care how their springs and dampers work together, it seems the new trend in suspensions is lowering the car to look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                        Sprint springs are the way to go, in my opinion. Softer than the coilovers, but a 2 inch drop compared to most are 1.75 inch, or 1.5 inch. I love my Sprint's.
                        The sprint springs are good but they aren't terribly stiff. They're great street springs but for hardcore autoX'ing or tracking I'd probably look elsewhere. The sprints, I would venture, will react well to different struts as a means to adjust the firmness of the suspension.

Comment

i replaced the spark plug wires this weekend and inspected the spark plugs. noticed that there was a little oil on the threads of the no.1 plug. i was thinking that i may need new grommets, so i'll check those out next time. i might as well replace the spark plugs too, and add some anti seize cuz i'm not sure how long those plugs have been in there.
                          Chris
                          94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                          2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                          -John Wayne
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

I drove it, ad realised I need an alignment big time!!
                            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Gas door release

Now you see it.

Now you don't.

With and without keyhole. Installed MX3 gas door release it fit perfectly, door with no keyhole came from a 323 SE,

Pat.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sube; 10-02-2006, 07:23 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Damn, my posts were bitter this morning! I need to seriously get more sleep before I post.

Comment

Working...
                                X