Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable? 7/8s? My gawd man. Its a import get some damn metric sockets! I believe the oil pan nut is 18mm if i recall correctly but i could be wrong. *takes the adjustable away from you* lol
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I dunno, 7/8 always worked great for the tranny plug. I'm just not ridiculous with re-tightening it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercerius
        Did my first oil change on my Pro this morning. Had to use an adjustable wrench on the drain bolt. I didn't want to get up pull out the sockets. Didn't think it would be so big. Looks like 7/8" maybe. It was also way too tight. I probably pushed about, I dunno 30-40lbs. to get it off. I'd like to punch whomever maintained the car last in the face.

The placement of the filter kinda irked me because I knew it'd be dripping right onto the exhaust, etc and I'd have to wipe it all down. Turned out to be a little mess, but no big deal. Next time I may try making a little oil drip gutter.
        I'd like to punch you in the face for using an adjustable wrench on your oil drain plug.

Its a 19mm.

I always wash my block/exhaust down with brake cleaner after I change my oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
          Adjustable? 7/8s? My gawd man. Its a import get some damn metric sockets! I believe the oil pan nut is 18mm if i recall correctly but i could be wrong. *takes the adjustable away from you* lol
          LOL dood it's a whole 10 feet from under the pro to my socketl set! The adj was only 5 feet away. Git R Done!! :p

Just playin. I'll know next time.

Plugs didn't show up in the mail today, however my cig lighter powered FM transmitter did. Quick run to best buy to get a 2.5-3.5 adapter /w handsfree mic (:D) for my Samsung a930 and we finally got some MOTORHEAD blastin on the stock speakers. In case your wondering, the stock cassette player does not work.
          Last edited by Mercerius; 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

LOL dood it's a whole 10 feet from under the pro car to my socketl set! The adj was only 5 feet away. Git R Done!! :p

Just playin. I'll know next time.

Plugs didn't show up in the mail today, however my cig lighter powered FM transmitter did. Quick run to best buy to get a 2.5-3.5 adapter /w handsfree mic (:D) for my Samsung a930 and we finally got some MOTORHEAD blastin on the stock speakers. In case your wondering, the stock cassette player does not work.
            Time for a compact disc player.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
              Time for a compact disc player.
              Maybe... I'm honestly not all that keen on upgrading the pro... at least not yet. I've got Deus Irae (my Trans Am) to pass emissions first.

All I really want for it now is a strut tower brace or bar. And I want to get one of those mazdaspeed ones that use only the outer two bolts on each side of either struts. Any pointers would be helpful.

Comment

My brother went to Pick N Pull today to get me this mint rear passenger door...I saw it on Sunday...it's black and has the same painted on pin-stripping, and only 1 or 2 small dings. I'll find out if he actually got it when I get home from work. I'll put it on tomarrow!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Maybe... I'm honestly not all that keen on upgrading the pro... at least not yet. I've got Deus Irae (my Trans Am) to pass emissions first.

All I really want for it now is a strut tower brace or bar. And I want to get one of those mazdaspeed ones that use only the outer two bolts on each side of either struts. Any pointers would be helpful.

The Protege will grow on you, and the Trans Am will be collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    The Protege will grow on you, and the Trans Am will be collecting dust.
                    You're sorta right. Since I've gotten it, I've put about 7-800 miles while the T/A I've only put 83 miles. I got the Pro for DD and cheaper gas - $20-25 a week. The T/A is my fun car and when it was a DD I payed $50-60 weekly for 91 - Tons more if I got 100 octane. And obviously the T/A doesn't age as much sitting around.

Lately on my days off, I'll take the Trans Am around for about 20-30 miles and do some good short 130-150mph pulls. My adrenaline rush is satisfied for the week.

Comment

...Lately on my days off, I'll take the Trans Am around for about 20-30 miles and do some good short 130-150mph pulls. My adrenaline rush is satisfied for the week.
                      WOW.

I cleaned my wiper blades.

Comment

exprienced my first drift in the pro today (unintentional) swerved to avoid stranded motorist on blind side of exit ramp (i go low on this corner) @ 70 mph ass end was riding the white line @ 70 deg for at least 100 ft. scary at first corrected and thought hell yea! i wanna do that again (minus stranded motorist) WOOT!!!
                        This is our quest; as the tail lights fade into the distance let it not be the jeers of others that say we can not do what others have, but to let the whistle of the bov the whine of our turbo and the roar of our exhaust announce to those who may say it can not be done that we will not go quietly into the night we will not bow to mainstream but rather blow by them doing mach speed laughing our asses off and giving them the one sure sign( ) so that they will understand their place in life when it comes to doubting a driven individual who owns a Mazda BG with a boosted BP

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                          WOW.

I cleaned my wiper blades.
                          double wow.

Comment

I made sure she was still in the garage resting under her cover.
                            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                              I made sure she was still in the garage resting under her cover.
                              You bastards and your Garages!!!
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                                You bastards and your Garages!!!
                                Not really as glamouras as you think. Why you ask? Well its not even where i live as our owner is a cock sucker. It has no door (that guy is a cock too). And last but not least i am paying for it montly... Ohh and one more. Depending on the people who live where that garage is they sometimes block me in and what not. Always fun....

Comment

Working...
                                X