Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wann tell what I did with mine last week!

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX View Post
    I saw a thread like this over on a vw forum and thought it was pretty cool. Basically they took pics of anything new that the members had done and posted up.

I painted my 16" circuit 8s a gold color like STI rims...it looks pretty good, but it's dark out and I can't take good pics. Ill post some good ones tomorrow!

your turn!
    I drove it! 400 mi round trips x2 last week. My car was the oldest car I saw on the interstate and I crused at 82 and playing Ray Price and Willie down and back! Hee Ahi!

I drove it!
    Like I stole it, to western Ky to see my Mom and My Grandmother. My Grandmother is in Rehab center in Bowling Green,Ky. She fell and broke her hind leg, took 3 screws and back on the floor again. Will be dancing soon.

Her immune system is a bit low, and no Kozzman555 you can't dance with Granny next weekend, Kinky man!
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

today i replaced the spark plug wires ( 3 of the 4 wires at the plug the clamp at the wire broke off and was still attached to the plug. and 2 of the wires at the cap was corroded so badly there was almost no metal there when i pulled them off the cap most that came out was this blueish green dust) it did start to miss when i started it in a cold day for a few seconds then straightened out and a fluttering of the motor remained. now the fluttering and missing is totally gone and the motor runs 100% (now just need to replace the cap and rotor button and plugs).

I replaced the old head lights with the silverstar line of head lights (which is a great head light upgrade over the standard headlight bulb) and buffed out the head light lenses (which made a huge difference in how much better the light gets to the ground now) and it makes the car look better.

sorry i havent been around as of late but it pains me on surfing on dialup after having DSL for 2 years. soon will be getting cable internet and then i will be back more
      stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
        I'm already not a morning person as is. Last thing I need is an idiot cop pulling me over from behind to tell me that my headlights weren't on.

Good that you did not lose your cool with him, he was looking for you to run your mouth so he could really make your day.

Pat.
        sigpic

Comment

Jho is cool....

Originally posted by sube View Post
          Good that you did not lose your cool with him, he was looking for you to run your mouth so he could really make your day.

Pat.

Pat, too often a cop as it appears we should recognize and respect as if it were a Sand Adder (Viper).
          If you don't know that person, you don't fully know their adjenda with you, on a Terry/traffic stop.
          Stay as calm as you can. Say little as possible. When you are told, "I stopped you because of speeding". 'Cordially', say, 'Sir, I could'nt possibly have been driving that fast my car is old, a 91 and bearly goes 55 down hill' .(LYAO)

Do be carefull! I'm former law enforcement. Fortunately, never had to shoot a sole. I believe if dire need be, 1 shot - 1 kill. I have no understanding of what the hell happened in New York last week. A sad time for all involved. I pray for comfort to the survivors and the families of the Officers, and for the Officers involved they keep there head on and come completely clean with the facts.

I would sure like to do something to help!

David
          Last edited by riverrunnernky; 11-30-2006, 12:16 PM. Reason: spellins
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

This morning I put on the 14" Miata wheels/tires in preparation for the winter event we have going on today and tomarrow.

2 pics of the painted muffler from the other day.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

today i scrapped and scrapped and scrapped all the ice off my car.....mazkid you in for a nice ice storm............here in the kc area its BAD
              and were getting LOTS of snow this afternoon
              My Car Domain
              My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
              Cat Back Exhaust

5 Speed Tranny Conversion.....Coming This Summer

Comment

Hey you ok out there?

Originally posted by OUfb2005 View Post
                today i scrapped and scrapped and scrapped all the ice off my car.....mazkid you in for a nice ice storm............here in the kc area its BAD
                and were getting LOTS of snow this afternoon

Ice storms suck rusty exaust pipes! Real nasty!

Are you peeps ok?

David
                David
                sigpic Ky

Comment

i've noticed that the rims pretty much make your car. the 14" ones don't look a quarter as nice as the 16"s.

lower that sh*t!!!!

Comment

Lower it? It's sleeting right now about 3-4 inches and then tonight it's going to switch over to snow for 5-6 inches. I had plenty of fun driving in it today, and the car slides much more controllably with these tires than with the 16"s. I was hand-braking most sharper corners then blipping the throttle to straighten it out. I had my camera with me but I was too occupied to shoot any footage.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                      This morning I put on the 14" Miata wheels/tires in preparation for the winter event we have going on today and tomarrow.

2 pics of the painted muffler from the other day.

Iv'e seen some rough welding, but whoever welded those tips gets first prize.

Pat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Pat.
                        Sweet, where can I pick up the prize?

BTW - they were welded on with a Harbor Frieght cheapo welder with the muffler still on the car. Crappy welder + short cutting = crappy welding. The tips aren't actual exhaust tips, they're aluminized steel pipe that I had Midas expand both ends on, then cut it in half...I needed it like this since the muffler is at an angle and having the tips expanded at the ends allowed for aiming. That's also why the welding sucks, the surfaces don't meet up properly at all. I don't care about it much, function over form, in this case the tips direct the hot exhaust away from the back of the bumper, after the bumper melted before.
                        Last edited by MazKid; 11-30-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Damn dude its 8pm cst thurs 11-30-06, Mossouri is ....

Pat.
                          getting slammed with a winter storm.

your plates are Mo, are you in Canada or USA ?

David
                          David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

I'm in Canada, clearly. *scratches head in confusion*

We're getting pounded with sleet right now...we've got I'd estimate 4-5 inches of sleet so far, and it's still supposed to become snow overnight and into the morning, to dump another 5-6 inches. I love it, it's looking like STLCC will be closed tomarrow so no school, I hope. They'll make the decision at 10pm so I'm waiting.

Comment

its sunny and 80 here

and i fixed my windows YAY!!
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Uhh, ok....

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                                I'm in Canada, clearly.

We're getting pounded with sleet right now...we've got I'd estimate 4-5 inches of sleet so far, and it's still supposed to become snow overnight and into the morning, to dump another 5-6 inches. I love it, it's looking like STLCC will be closed tomarrow so no school, I hope. They'll make the decision at 10pm so I'm waiting.
                                Location: St. Louis, MO*scratches head in confusion*

Just be real careful. Too many people are being killed everyday in by accidents.

In this day and time I think it's really sad so much bad is happening in our backyards.

David
                                David
                                sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                                X