• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw here is a quick pic of how she sat sun morning
    Attached Files
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

yup, been there^ done that... its many times easier to pull the combo then it is to tilt the sob out of there. looks like a fun task.

edit PS clean that tranny!!! jesus, carb cleaner is your best friend.

Heres a pic of how it should look
      Attached Files
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

so all that stuff has to be done to take the tranny out... wow

Comment

replacing clutch by yourself FTW!

Always good times..

so hows equal length axles treatin ya?

I washed the ride in the bitter coldness yesterday.
          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            yup, been there^ done that... its many times easier to pull the combo then it is to tilt the sob out of there. looks like a fun task.

edit PS clean that tranny!!! jesus, carb cleaner is your best friend.

yeah yeah yeah, I cleaned it up alittle with carb cleaner after that pic, but ill save my efforts for my kia tranny......when I find one
            I've doe the swap both ways and considering i dont have alot of room to store a cherry picker down here, and having to do it in a driveway, i sayed fuggit and did it the oldskool way
            Originally posted by jamaican View Post
            so all that stuff has to be done to take the tranny out... wow
            yup. along with the battery ad the intake
            Originally posted by 92dx View Post
            replacing clutch by yourself FTW!

Always good times..

so hows equal length axles treatin ya?
            gotta get thru the break-in period first, then ill do a reveiw and a trip to the track
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
              I took mine for a ride this morning, looked down at the temp guage, and saw that it was on "H".

I pulled it into the wallmart parking lot I was going by, popped the hood, and saw that there was no longer a water pump/alternator belt under there.

Called my sister, she brought me to the parts store, 2 minutes later we were back in business!
              Clearly the terms "preventative maintenance" are lost on you like a bra on Ms. Darcy!
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                Your car is black, right?

Dibs on rear bumper! :D
                nope shade green ( a very dark green ) its the only infini colour and shipping a bumper from NZ would cost you a damn packet believe me ( NZ is below austalia )
                Ae111 toyota sprinter trueno BZR

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                  btw here is a quick pic of how she sat sun morning
                  My oh my! Props to you guys who can do work at home and on your backs. I would never do that ****.

Good to hear you got it back together though man.

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  clean that tranny!!! jesus, carb cleaner is your best friend.

Ryan your tranny is teh sex!

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
                  Clearly the terms "preventative maintenance" are lost on you like a bra on Ms. Darcy!
                  PM is my middle name biatch.

It only starting telling me it needed to be changed the night before because of the cold. I ignored it, and that's what I got in exchange.

Comment

Today I got a really peculiar looking package in the mail.

I think it's some sort of a musical instrument.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is that **** on the end? I swear to god if I catch you molesting the zoo animals again JHO I'm not gonna be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Gouki View Post
                        i removed my stuffed air-con, next to go will be the power steering in favour of a manual rack out a aus ford laser.

planning to wreck/strip my car next year and transfer all the goodies into a nice Bg familia hatch.
                        Can you still get the infini corners?
                        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Nice thats a corsport downpipe! You cant fool me..haha
                          Attached Files
                          1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                            Is that **** on the end? I swear to god if I catch you molesting the zoo animals again JHO I'm not gonna be your friend.
                            Hahahaha, STFU about that Mike.

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                            Nice thats a corsport downpipe! You cant fool me..haha
                            Werddd.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Has any one on this site purchased the stainless catback exhaust from corksport? I almost bought it at the same time as the downpipe, but they werent into full production yet so I wanted to wait unitl they got the bugs worked out.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Gouki View Post
                                nope shade green ( a very dark green ) its the only infini colour and shipping a bumper from NZ would cost you a damn packet believe me ( NZ is below austalia )
                                Oh yeah, forgot you had an Infini. Doh.

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to ship a rear bumper to the midwest USA?

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                                X