X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jho View Post
    That's not good.

Before you throw parts at it, I'd check to make sure that is what's causing the poor MPG.
    More times then never if the air filter is not old, etc. and regular tuneup is done and the o2 is essentially still oem at 100k+ then it can't hurt!

PS: Btw get a universal as its not worth the extra 80% markup just for one f'in connector! I mean for christ sakes i wired in a 4 wire into what used to be a 1 wire and it wasn't too bad following the directions found on this website via using the search so 1 wire is cake!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Yup, cut and splice a 1-wire Bosch universal, $20.

Comment

About those O2 sensors...

I wanted a new one when I did my BP+T and I went to NAPA and asked for a universal 1 wire BOSCH sensor. The guy (which is also a good mechanics and friend) told me why I wasn't buying the application specific sensor. Of course my reason was price and he then told me NAPA changed O2 supplier lately and price dramatically dropped. So I got mine for 65$ Canadian and it's an NGK/NTK sensor, a trusty brand. He also said they had quite a lot of problems/returns with the BOSCH and other 'universal' application O2 sensors.

Don't know how much of this is true but I thought I'd share my own experience. I get correct gas mileage with mine considering I have a heavy left foot since I added the turbo kit. hehe

But long story short, I'm glad I spent the extra $ (and I think the universal BOSCH more expensive) to get an application correct new sensor with the right connector, even though I always thought all O2 were mostly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T View Post
          But long story short, I'm glad I spent the extra $ (and I think the universal BOSCH more expensive) to get an application correct new sensor with the right connector, even though I always thought all O2 were mostly the same.
          Well i heard Bosch are more for mileage instead of performance but that was just random info i found once nothing concrete. As far as "application" goes if its a regular non wideband sensor, the only difference is the brand and maybe somewhat the size and thats it. It goes from said volts to said volts no matter what kind of car its for, etc.
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
            Well i heard Bosch are more for mileage instead of performance but that was just random info i found once nothing concrete. As far as "application" goes if its a regular non wideband sensor, the only difference is the brand and maybe somewhat the size and thats it. It goes from said volts to said volts no matter what kind of car its for, etc.
            Yeah and I don't know a lot of cars running a wideband from the factory... Civic VX and Some 1.8t VWs.

Comment

in anticipation of my christmas present (or at least i really hope so) i wired the engine compartment side of my amplifier wiring kit. it was actually easier than i had thought it would be to get the cable through the firewall
              1990 Mazda Protege SE

cone air filter
              exhaust tip
              lx gauge cluster
              cupholders

Custom Sound System:

pioneer 4800mp headunit
              kenwood 1660s 6.5" front speakers
              kicker DS60 6.5" rear speakers
              2 MTX Roadthunder 12" subs in custom sealed boxes
              Profile AP700M mono sub amp (350 watts RMS)

Comment

I thought about the future of my car today...

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                  I thought about the future of my car today...
                  i think about that everyday

every morning i go in it i wonder if it'll start

Comment

Originally posted by jamaican View Post
                    i think about that everyday

every morning i go in it i wonder if it'll start
                    I can't say I ever worry about it starting, but I am starting to think that after my suspension is done I'm going to stop spending money on this car and start another project. If I do too much more to this it'll be too nice/modded to daily drive without being stressed about what happens to it.

Comment

Cleaned the rims and checked the oil so shes ready for a little drive today!

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                        I can't say I ever worry about it starting, but I am starting to think that after my suspension is done I'm going to stop spending money on this car and start another project. If I do too much more to this it'll be too nice/modded to daily drive without being stressed about what happens to it.
                        Oh?

What are you thinking Mike?

Comment

I manhandled a BP drivetrain that was sitting on a pallet in the corner of my garage. I tugged it out of the corner, and pulled the tranny off of it, then the clutch and flywheel.

Then I pushed it back into the corner, and I picked up my spare block up and stuck it in the corner to keep the complete BP and G-series company.

Comment

stuffed poly-fil in my rear quarter panels last night... noticed an immediate improovement in interior sound & temperature. the outside tapping test prooves more of a thud, probably the cheapest $20 mod i've put into my car.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Drove it to miami and picked up brand new tockico S/R struts, for cheap

and got a speeding ticket :cries:
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

how fast & in what speed zone???
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X