This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean 4WD View Post
    Well got some more stuff done on the BP swap today... Finally put the gtr tranny back in, and made new clutch hydrolic hose, and new fuel hoses, and installed the pacesetter header..
    Its nice to see your car powered by a bp05. How do you like your fresh motor?
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

And as for me I fixed alot of little bugs that were wrong with my car. I also cleaned my interior up a little and added the edm manual air vent panel to match my edm coin pocket.
      Attached Files
      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

edm vents ftw
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          edm vents ftw
          The funny part is that I have no heater or a/c, its all gutted out thats why the glove box is not straight cause there is no cross brace anymore

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Did the GC's and tie bar the other day

Comment

steve you noob, sellt he EDM vents to someone who can use them then.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                steve you noob, sellt he EDM vents to someone who can use them then.
                Sorry cant do that. im looking for the other vent e spec trim piece.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                  Sorry cant do that. im looking for the other vent e spec trim piece.
                  No offense intended, but (like my car) yours isn't exactly a show car (I mostly mean the interior), and if the vents aren't functional I dunno why you wouldn't sell them to someone that could use them, and make a few bucks at it.

Comment

Removed my aftermarket gauge faces, and got everything ready to put the stock springs back on (...yet again). Then it's time for new tires and an alignment, followed by paint...

Comment

My dad tapped my oil pan for a return line just a moment ago. Locktyted(word, right?) the brass 3/8 pipe fitting on, and then the 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor fitting on that...tomarrow I'm off to Home Depooh to get a 1/2 pipe cap...then maybe tomarrow when I get to work, after my dad gets off work, he'll put the pan on for me so I don't screw it up. Then a much needed oil change - it's almost double-due!

As far as the turboing process...I haven't been able to break the exhaust side of the turbo loose, but I haven't tried really hard yet either. I was wishing this to be done before college starts up again(the 17th for me) but it might not happen...luckily my S/R shocks and eibachs are on thier way, and I'll get that done, or else!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Got the pan on the car a little while ago at the shop. After dinner we're going back up there to put oil in it and all.

Found out that the right rear caliper from the junkyard that I got a few months ago to fix my parking brake problem is still good - the LEFT one went bad! The cable is fine though, so we just disconnected it from the caliper. Thursday it's off to the yard to get a "new" rear left caliper.

Then I got home from the shop and there's a 78lb box of struts and springs at my front door! Thanks again Ben! Tomarrow I'm taking the fronts up to the shop to mount them with the ZX-2 perches/mounts/etc I got 2 weeks ago. Then Thursday I might get them on the car...mmm that would be nice.

No turboedness. I again tried to break the exhaust side of the T3 loose so I can reclock it, but no luck. Had it in the vice, smacking it with a hammer, and then my dad called to have me go to the shop so we could get the oil pan on.

Oh! And I was going to hook up illumination to my boost gauge...so I'm thinking of just splicing into the radio wires...then I remembered the cig lighter ring is lighted. Perfect! I'll splice into that. So I took the radio out(no tools necessary, hah) and looked at it, and there's the proper bulb socket! So I fiddled around with it and cut some of the tape away, then pulled it through the back side of the dash...extended the wires, and found a bulb lying around with one of those green rubber covers, so I did that and now have an illuminated vacuum gauge.

Very productive day!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                          My dad tapped my oil pan for a return line just a moment ago. Locktyted(word, right?) the brass 3/8 pipe fitting on, and then the 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor fitting on that...tomarrow I'm off to Home Depooh to get a 1/2 pipe cap...then maybe tomarrow when I get to work, after my dad gets off work, he'll put the pan on for me so I don't screw it up. Then a much needed oil change - it's almost double-due!

As far as the turboing process...I haven't been able to break the exhaust side of the turbo loose, but I haven't tried really hard yet either. I was wishing this to be done before college starts up again(the 17th for me) but it might not happen...luckily my S/R shocks and eibachs are on thier way, and I'll get that done, or else!
                          why are you clocking the exhaust side? the oil piping facing the wrong way?
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                            why are you clocking the exhaust side? the oil piping facing the wrong way?
                            Bingo. The oil feed and return ports are almost completely opposite to where I need them to be. This is because on the Saab 900, the turbo sits ontop of a manifold, not below it like on a Protege. The turbo would have gone right on a Miata turbo manifold. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                              Bingo. The oil feed and return ports are almost completely opposite to where I need them to be. This is because on the Saab 900, the turbo sits ontop of a manifold, not below it like on a Protege. The turbo would have gone right on a Miata turbo manifold. lol
                              hhhm... mine lines up fine, its from the same car too
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Eh? Mine are definately upside down...this was a Saab 900 or 9000 or something, like late '80s early '90s. I know the newer 900s have transversly mounted engine with the turbos hanging from the exhaust manifold and not ontop like the older ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X