Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a Burnout and for some god forsaken reason both tires where spinning and left dual marks ? Go figure , I have one of the most confused LX's around.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Just got back from a new junkyard a friend told me about, which is about 15 miles from home. And finally found a complete LX. Come to think about it, there were only 4 other persons , and all the imports were pretty much complete. Due to a lack of funds, I had to settle with a set of electric mirrors, and the front rotors with calipers. (the rear ones are a pita to remove!). I'll probably primer them tonight and install them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBurgundy
        i looped the wiring of the seatbelt beeping thingamajig, now there's no annoying ass random beeps. Hooray!
        did what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          My fan relay was sticking on when my car got hot. I replaced the relay, and now the fan cycles properly.
          The fan works great. As I said, it only continues to stay on when it's really really hot. Otherwise, it goes on and off. I'm just a bit worried here, as I don't know if this is a normal problem, or if there's something else messed up.

Comment

there's a how to that shows how to loop the connector to eliminate the seatbelt beeping. the worn out seatbelt contacts within the center console will just beep whenever they want to, and that's what i had to get rid of.
            Chris
            94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
            2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
            -John Wayne
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

there's a how to that shows how to loop the connector to eliminate the seatbelt beeping. the worn out seatbelt contacts within the center console will just beep whenever they want to, and that's what i had to get rid of.
              and the link to that how-to is...? (sorry. for some reason the search engine rarely gives me any results).

Comment

here ya go. Jho found it for me when i mentioned it on a previous thread...

http://www.wihandyman.com/wil/howto/seatbeltlight/
                Chris

-John Wayne

Comment

here ya go. Jho found it for me when i mentioned it on a previous thread...

http://www.wihandyman.com/wil/howto/seatbeltlight/
                  nice! -goes to perform this right away-

Comment

sweet! my car beeps every time I lean forward. damn ANNOYING!
                    s-1-7

Comment

Originally posted by savage-one-seve
                      sweet! my car beeps every time I lean forward. damn ANNOYING!
                      mine's only doing it from the passenger side, when I have someone sitting there. Otherwise, it's completly quiet all the time...

Comment

it's acting like a 'lean back' indicator. haha! it had to go...
                        Chris

-John Wayne

Comment

Lol

Comment

I fried my ecu
                            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PaRaNoIsE
                              and the front rotors with calipers. (the rear ones are a pita to remove!).
                              The rear calipers? Are you kidding? I just removed one on Tuesday at the junkyard...just a matter of removing the wheel, 2 mounting bolts, the parking brake cable, and cutting the brake line. I suck at mechanical stuff and I managed to do it in less than 3 minutes start to finish.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                                The rear calipers? Are you kidding? I just removed one on Tuesday at the junkyard...just a matter of removing the wheel, 2 mounting bolts, the parking brake cable, and cutting the brake line. I suck at mechanical stuff and I managed to do it in less than 3 minutes start to finish.
                                Well, I suppose I was wrong. Sorry. I meant to say they are a PITA to remove without the proper tools! ^_^;;. Also, I was in a sort of hurry, so I'll be back for them on monday with a friend to help me out. but man...I was just reading some of the other threads which talked about what needs to be changed for the rear dick brake swap. Someone said that nobody should worry about changing the master cylinder unless they drove an auto. Why is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X