This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r8derhed5150
    Try some of that high milage stuff. It werked for me. Used to add a quart every two weeks. Driving habits are the same and its been a month and the level is still the same. I used the Valvoline Max-Life conventional. There is a syn available too.

Anyway, I got a new muffler installed. Sounds SWEEEEEET!!! I'm very happy with my purchase. $60 for the muffler from summit racing and $60 for install at a meinike of all places. I only took it there because they opened before I had to be at work and the guy quoted me half of what all the other quotes were. Tomorrow is a trip to the j/y in search of a rx7 AFM.

I'm just going to get a valve job and some headwork done soon. I don't mind adding oil every week.

Post a soundclip and pics of the new muffler.

Originally posted by MazKid
    Put the "new" radiator in last night, after getting a ticket for 50 in a 35 of course.

Ouch! How much?

Comment

Here's a sound byte recorded in the garage on my Dell pocket PC. Not the best but but not bad. I will will get a drive off sound later this afternoon. I didn't rev the **** out of it because it was about midnight and I didn't want to piss of any neighbors. 56k beware...
      http://www.mysharefile.com/d/697609/..._Meeting01.wav (you have to wait like 15 seconds before it will show the download link)

Last edited by r8derhed5150; 06-24-2006, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Here's a sound byte recorded in the garage on my Dell pocket PC. Not the best but but not bad. I will will get a drive off sound later this afternoon. I didn't rev the **** out of it because it was about midnight and I didn't want to piss of any neighbors. 56k beware...
        http://www.mysharefile.com/d/697609/..._Meeting01.wav (you have to wait like 15 seconds before it will show the download link)

Pic in a few....
        Whoa! That sounds good.

What intake do you have on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          Whoa! That sounds good.

What intake do you have on there?
          Thanks Jho. All stock. I know you can hear it suck in that sound byte huh? Well until I can find a rx7 afm (hopefully today) I flipped the top half of the airbox up and secured the the filter to it for the ghetto WAI. It works though. Just as long as it don't rain. But at a 100 degrees today, I doubt it will. I'm just very suprised at how this cheap muffler really sounds. It was like the moment of truth. My fiance was worried about the same thing. High pitched buzz. Should have seen her eyes open up with the big ol koolaide smile. She was equally impressed. Oh, btw. I know I mentioned in the past on this thread that SHE wants the car purple. Well thats kind of changed. I'm trading in my grand am for something new and the PRO will be MINE!!!!! But she still picked the color. Cobalt blue. Probably going to get the truck we want in that color and match it.

Comment

Finally my motor leaks no more oil!!

Few weeks ago I replaced the front seal, pan gasket, and oil pump seal.

The last thing that was leaking was the disty o-ring. Put it in yesterday and now all is good.

Now I gotta put in this damn clutch..still have the stock one currently at 140,000 miles. It slips noticeably when hard shift to 2nd and a little in 3rd.
            Last edited by 92dx; 06-24-2006, 11:36 AM.
            DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

I put à Cold Air Intake from the mx-3 B6. and woow went I hit the gaz sound grat!!!
              TANK 1: BG Mazda Protégé LX 90 Frame 20-07-03
              TANK 2: BG Mazda Protégé SE 93 Crash 23-02-04
              TANK 3: BG Mazda 323 BG GT 95 Crash 03-12-06
              TANK 4: UF Mazda B2600 4x4 92
              TANK 5: BG Mazda Protégé DX 92 - SOON
              From Montréal, Québec, Canada

Comment

Just bought a CAI for $20. Its for a jetta but a little modding and I'll get it in!

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/173472050.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                  Ouch! How much?
                  The fine is $70...and I'm going to use this lawyer my brother and my friend have used and he charges $40 so it's not terrible. No where near the 87 in a 60 I got the day before mother's day. I've gotta go take a defensive driving course then get to find out how much the actual fine will be.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Thanks Jho. All stock. I know you can hear it suck in that sound byte huh? Well until I can find a rx7 afm (hopefully today) I flipped the top half of the airbox up and secured the the filter to it for the ghetto WAI. It works though. Just as long as it don't rain. But at a 100 degrees today, I doubt it will. I'm just very suprised at how this cheap muffler really sounds. It was like the moment of truth. My fiance was worried about the same thing. High pitched buzz. Should have seen her eyes open up with the big ol koolaide smile. She was equally impressed. Oh, btw. I know I mentioned in the past on this thread that SHE wants the car purple. Well thats kind of changed. I'm trading in my grand am for something new and the PRO will be MINE!!!!! But she still picked the color. Cobalt blue. Probably going to get the truck we want in that color and match it.

LOL at the kool aid smile.

Cobalt blue will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                      The fine is $70...and I'm going to use this lawyer my brother and my friend have used and he charges $40 so it's not terrible. No where near the 87 in a 60 I got the day before mother's day. I've gotta go take a defensive driving course then get to find out how much the actual fine will be.

Why are you hiring a lawyer?

I took one of those defensive driving courses, and it didn't do **** for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho

10% off your insurance and a 3 point credit isnt much but its someting. Take the advance course and get more savings.
                        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Put my civic spoiler on! More info in the exterior thread.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                            Put my civic spoiler on! More info in the exterior thread.
                            drop it already lol. looking good
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                              drop it already lol. looking good
                              yeah me too. But I really need a new rad first in this heat.

So I fabbed my own flange last night for the CAI I got. For now, I just have a K&N cone set up WAI on the the end if the AFM. I gotta figure out how I am going to cut & route this pipe. But there was a boost in power & torque with the addition of the the K&N and new muffler. Cant wait to get it down to sea level. I'm at about 4500 feet and 100 degrees lately so its got some more room I'm sure. I think I will go drive it now. Funnny because I enjoy driving this thing more than my 99 Grand Am GT!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho

Well I've got the family lawyer working on the 87 in a 60 ticket, and evidently before they can proceed the county I got the ticket in is requiring for me to take the course. It could be worse...one of my friends got a 105 in a 55 ticket and as of 2PM today he's got 48 hours of solitary confinement, yes, that's right, he's stuck in a room at the police station(I think) for 48hrs with only books to read and sleep to be had.

Now then, the 50 in a 35 I'm getting this other lawyer to do...he's like a ticket lawyer so he just gets it reduced to a fine, no points.

I'd pay any fine, it's the points I don't want. Can't ruin my $70/month insurence for both of my cars. Plus I bet I'll get more tickets in the future so if I just pay it and get points before I know it my license would be gone.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                                X