This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silentbob343
    Oh man that happened to me over the winter. Get in the car at the train station and the damn horn starts going off by itself. Beat on the steering wheel and it stops. Make my way out of the parking garage and every single bump sets the damn horn off. I get on the highway and it seems to have stopped for good.

Get home and park the car Around 10 the damn horn starts blaring in my driveway. I run outside trying to find my tool box to take off the steering wheel cover. Can't find the right size screw driver so I say screw it and disconnect the battery. I then spend the next 30-45 minutes trying to reach the horn wire in below freezing weather. My hands were like blocks of ice........man that sucked.

To this day the horn is still disconnected. I really need to fix it the right way as there have been several instances where it would've come in handy.

Haha, sounds like what happened to me. It's kinda funny, now that I think about it. It would be hillarious to see that happen to someone.

I just pulled the hornpad off and disconnected the plug for now.

Comment

thanks Jho
      sigpic

Comment

that pro is nice
        stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander525
          thanks Jho

No problem.

Originally posted by madmax_2069
          that pro is nice

You better believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
            I appreciate you looking out. lol, funny you mention trying save me from tearing apart the car........I did it a while back

If you search my user name you can see my freak out post. Where were you months ago

A few monts ago I was probably chillin working on my car. :ARCADE:

Finding out how much I had to change to do a 5 lug conversion just like you did on your gtx spindles.
            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Woke up this morning to find out someone wanted my cd player more than i did, they also tore up my rear deck and tore the compenents out of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by BP18Protege
                Woke up this morning to find out someone wanted my cd player more than i did, they also tore up my rear deck and tore the compenents out of the door.
                That sucks man !!
                c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

are you serious??? damn long, im sorry to hear that.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Removed and replaced dash , wiring harness , steering column , center console , carpet , seats , 91 tail lights with 92 n up style (thanks JITB37) , 90 rear garnish to 92 n up garnish (thanks Hatianprotege).
                    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

I filled it with gas and then I drove it like I stole it

Comment

New exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
                          New exhaust
                          what brand? or did you go custom?

Comment

I had a local shop make me a header back 2.25" with no cat or muffler, just a HUGE resonator then a cherry bomb where the cat will go when I get one. It sounds awesome, no rasp at all, very deep, loud outside but quiet inside.

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
                              I had a local shop make me a header back 2.25" with no cat or muffler, just a HUGE resonator then a cherry bomb where the cat will go when I get one. It sounds awesome, no rasp at all, very deep, loud outside but quiet inside.

No rasp? Nice!

Let's hear it.

Comment

Auto crossed the living daylights out of it. Earned some respect for Proteges. Kicked some butt, and enjoyed my new Rotas!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X