This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a cai.

Dont make fun of my ghetto gangsta speaker wire tie down and styrofoam brace. It'll only be like that 'till this weekend when I get some extra time to make some metal mounts. If my overflow tank ever overflows, Ill be screwed........ but it wont.

..and a mx 3 shifter boot, but no pic of that....

heres a pic of my ghetto ability...
    Attached Files
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

An actual productive day today! Got a new battery terminal, installed it and sprayed it with the corrosion protection stuff. I also marginally adjusted the airflow meter and it seems to run a bit more predictable now, though since I did the battery terminal it might have reset the ECU again and hasn't learned yet.

Then I called up Midas and asked if they could sell me a foot length of 2.5" inner diameter stainless steel tubing so that I can make exhaust tips. The girl's like "yeah, we can do that, no problem, I'll cut a section...well I'll have my guys cut a section, and you can come and pick it up, it'll be $5." I said "Great, I'll be right over". Get there, and see a piece of pipe on the counter. The guy's like "Can I help you?" I said "Yeah, I called about a length of stainless steel" He's like "here it is" I'm like "That's not stainless steel" He's like "Well she didn't tell me it had to be stainless steel" I said "I specifically told her" He pauses for a second, then says "well, we don't have any stainless steel, the only time we get it is special order or if a car comes in with it" I said "I swear when you guys did exhaust work on my car you used stainless steel" He's like "I don't know". The he says "we have some stainless steel tips for trucks" I said "Well, I guess I'll take a look" He comes out with this 4" crap. I said "That's huge" He's like "I know" I said "I need 2.5". He said "we don't have that". I just looked at him and said "Thanks...I guess..." and walked out.

So on Thursday I'm going to call again and hopefully get a hold of the manager that actually knew stuff when I had my exhaust made there. I know for a fact that they used SS piping because I saw it...it's not polished, it's just a flat silver satin color, no lines or anything. Oh well.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
        I made a cai.

Dont make fun of my ghetto gangsta speaker wire tie down and styrofoam brace. It'll only be like that 'till this weekend when I get some extra time to make some metal mounts. If my overflow tank ever overflows, Ill be screwed........ but it wont.

..and a mx 3 shifter boot, but no pic of that....

heres a pic of my ghetto ability...
        Don't make fun of styrofoam, I've got a chunk of it from a Boston Acoustics 3 peice speaker set holding my airflow meter off the frame rail. Works great! I also had my cone(more of a barrel) in the hole there, but removed the bend because I don't think it gets as good of flow being down in there than it does up behind the headlight.

The overflow tank never overflows...I was actually going to relocate mine(or get a different, smaller one) to free up space in that area for the intake, but I kinda just forgot about it.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

i sold my dx for $150......
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
            The overflow tank never overflows...I was actually going to relocate mine(or get a different, smaller one) to free up space in that area for the intake, but I kinda just forgot about it.
            A little secret for you. It fits perfectly where the charcoal canister goes. Ill take a pic of that this weekend.

Nice pics 92 2 Fast. What steering wheel is that?
            Last edited by Jho; 03-28-2006, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
              A little secret for you. It fits perfectly where the charcoal canister goes. Ill take a pic of that this weekend.
              Yeah, if you dont have a charchoal canister
              I used an already threaded hole on the opposite side of the frame rail and a long ass bolt.
              It is stout and dont move, but it just looks cramped in that area.
              Show that pic so I can steal your idea..

Mazkid- Ive had a overflow tank overflow from engine overheating, but that was a b13 se-r when the rad fan relay poopied. I was just saying, if it did.

For airflow to the fender well, I used the dremel w/ a cutting disk and cut out some sheet metal at the bottom of the fender well, but the hole faces more towared the front, so it gets flow..
              explaning on the internet sucks..or I suck at it.
              Last edited by 92dx; 03-28-2006, 11:02 PM.
              DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
                Yeah, if you dont have a charchoal canister
                .....And I no longer do

Pics this weekend, patience grasshopper.

Comment

I cleaned mine out... that's a pretty big undertaking for me I managed to pull 2 full trash bags (force flex) worth of trash out, 5 sleeping bags, a three person tent, 2 overflowing clothes baskets full of clothes, a dozen books, a dremel, an 18" breaker bar, and about $3 in change out of the biatch. The ass end sits atleast an inch higher now
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                  '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                  '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Well I tried to measure my cold lash. The thickest feeler gauge goes all the way through except for one shim.

Shoot.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Jho

Nice pics 92 2 Fast. What steering wheel is that?
                      I'm waiting for the pic.

I originally was going to use a Honda overflow tank as they are smaller and mount with a bracket just about anywhere. I just never did it, I don't know why. But if you've got a better plan, do tell.

Comment

Comment

a super nintendo , on top of a old school nintendo, next to some nintendo games...

did I win?....
                          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
                            i sold my dx for $150......
                            ...To my friend that just drove down to Oregon to buy it . Good things will happen to that car, you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE
                              mmmm........ kitty
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Damn you guys are observent. Yes original nintendo kicks ass. And thats my little constence cat poking around. Any one notice the spare block in the corner?
                                Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
                                X