Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes-n, that there's just minor damage for a rally car. It's totally fixable, if not to original cosmetic standards. Measure chassis to make sure it is't bent (I doubt if it is). Spray some undercoating all over that damage, have a chunk of sheet metal bent to fit over that damaged section with say 8-10cm overhang on all sides, and weld in place. Don't want to weld? Drill some holes, make sure you aren't hitting anything important, and bolt that patch in place with 4-6 bolts per side. Run some sealant around the edges and be done with it. Yeah, that beam is kinda important and rally cars have cages to help keep the rigidity where it should be, but street cars don't endure anything like the stresses that rallycars do. So without a cage, but with that patch, you should be fine. Good luck, don't let em total your car...
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

It's In

Got the LX interior that I lucked into installed in our 323, speaker grills in the rear have to be recovered in blue when I find some speaker material. I am happy with the end result. 323 LX interiors are as scarce as hens teeth and I understand blue is the rarest of all. As canbe seen this one is mint. I added additional pulls to the front panels, as the handles tend to break on these. Design fault on Mazda's part.

Pat.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sube View Post
        Got the LX interior that I lucked into installed in our 323, speaker grills in the rear have to be recovered in blue when I find some speaker material. I am happy with the end result. 323 LX interiors are as scarce as hens teeth and I understand blue is the rarest of all. As canbe seen this one is mint. I added additional pulls to the front panels, as the handles tend to break on these. Design fault on Mazda's part.

Pat.
        That looks really nice.

Comment

looks like mine used to before the mx3 seats, not fond of manual seatbelts tho. Good work sube
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            looks like mine used to before the mx3 seats, not fond of manual seatbelts tho. Good work sube
            did you just say you're NOT fond of manual belts? You like the auto ones?

Comment

Treated her to an exclusive Oil Change.
              Complete with Exxon 5w30 superflow oil and Honda OEM Oil filter.
              But it didnt end there...
              Also gave her a sparkling bath, inside and out.

Shes been good to me, so i thought i spoil her a bit...
              99 Integra GSR SOLD
              93 Protege LX Current DD
              92 Accord EX Teh Baby!

MX-3 Front seats, MX-3 Complete center console
              VW Cabriolet Front lip, Familia rear Garnish, Foglights with OEM Switch

Comment

waxed my car, put on my front rims, gave my buddy a rip in my car at 10psi and he drove a Corvette recently (not a Z06) and said my car felt as fast when accellerating. It felt good

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                  did you just say you're NOT fond of manual belts? You like the auto ones?
                  For what it's worth, I don't hate my passive restraint system. Pretty much forces the passenger to wear the belt since a few of my friends are nuckleheads. I always wear my seatbelt anyway...I know a lot of people probably don't use the lap belt but I do. Helps keep me planted and feeling safe.

Oh, and today my Protege's lifters told me to put more oil in so I did. No leaks so I assume my car is now burning it. Great...
                  Last edited by MazKid; 03-29-2007, 10:56 PM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

law in MT, driver is responsible for all seatbelts. I make sure everyone is wearing before rocking the pavement
                    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Lookin good Pat! Keepin her clean! Gotta love 323s! This is what my rear looks like, you can kinda see the paneling! I'll snap some better pics tomorrow if you want.

JACK.
                      Attached Files
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

make the last 3 posts count guys.... 3000 posts this thread is closed
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                          yes-n, that there's just minor damage for a rally car. It's totally fixable, if not to original cosmetic standards. Measure chassis to make sure it is't bent (I doubt if it is). Spray some undercoating all over that damage, have a chunk of sheet metal bent to fit over that damaged section with say 8-10cm overhang on all sides, and weld in place. Don't want to weld? Drill some holes, make sure you aren't hitting anything important, and bolt that patch in place with 4-6 bolts per side. Run some sealant around the edges and be done with it. Yeah, that beam is kinda important and rally cars have cages to help keep the rigidity where it should be, but street cars don't endure anything like the stresses that rallycars do. So without a cage, but with that patch, you should be fine. Good luck, don't let em total your car...
                          Well, the chassis is bend to the inside a bit.
                          The damage was set at € 2000 = $ 2670, so the car is economically total.

It is the fault of the town, because they are liable for maintaining the streets, so I will get my money (but when?).
                          But is sucks big time. Already bought back a 323Hatch as second car for my girlfriend, and looking for a newer 323 for now.

Thanks for the advice anyway, but I'm going to strip the car, and swap the engine into the hatch, since it has only 140.xxx kilometers.
                          Other parts are also going to be sold separately, but I can only do this when I've arranged everything with the insurance of the town.

Comment

tore out everything i could get to for the transmission swap also continued to clean the gunk out of my new trans
                            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Why are we closing this thread? I liked reading this at the end of the day.

JACK.
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I think we are starting a new one. This one just got too long I guess...

Last post for this historic thread. May it RIP in the internet cemetary.

-Ryan

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                                X