Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, new to Club Protege

Hello all

I just found this site in hopes that somthing like it exsisted, my search is finaly over.

let me tell you how i got my Protege. first off its a 1992 Protege DX 1.8L SOHC 5 speed.

ok now on to how i got my Protege,

i work at dominos pizza as a insider, and my friend wich is a driver use to have a 1999 neon before it commited sueaside in fron of the store AKA it caught fire due to a battery explosion. Well any way he bought the Protege off his wife's father for $50. The car was orignaly bought for my friends wife before they was married but it got side swiped and her father used it as a work car. and he bought another car and let the Protege sit in the yard till my friend got it for $50. he used it to deliver and had plans for it and just lost intrest in it when he found a 1990 honda accord for $275.

i asked him if i could buy the protege of him and he told me that he would never sell a car he has driven to a friend ( cause he treated it like $#*&. so i just let it lay. Till one day he came up to me asking if i still wanted the car, i said yea and he said he would give it to me. i was astounded that he gave it to me i was willing to pay for it but he would not accept a dime for it. a few weeks later i got it.

I knew what was wrong with it and so did he. both cv joints was on there way out, the heater core is plugged up from so much stop leak that was put into the car cause of a radiator leak, it also needed the ball joints replaced cause they was about to fall out, all struts need to be replaced, the sway bar is broke on the passenger side where it is supost to connect to the bushing so it makes a bit of noize driving down a bumpy road, and a few minor other things like the drivers side fender, the drivers side marker light is gone and the impact of the side swipe hit the drivers door and pushed it back a tad bid. but other than that all doors open and shut fine. No rust on it besides the hit fender and the front of the door.

i have since then put both new cv joints, ball joints, 4 new tires, oil change, new radiator so far. and still have a few things to do to it. but i love this car and how it is and the look's of it. i will post pic's of it once i get battery's for my Cam. im real glad to be here.

Frank
    stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

well welcome to the club sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Welcome to the club! Looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you, but a $50 Pro is always going to be like that.

Let's see them there pictures!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

ok here are the pic's

sorry about the quality of the pic's but the cam was only $5, and is the 2nd time ever posting pic's on a forum

Comment

sorry for the double post

but any way the car has 139,000 miles on it. Yea you said it i do have a bit to do with it but im willing to do it to the car unlike the other owner's. when i first start the car it does have a problems sometimes going back into first when im going over a sertian speed, but after it warms up it dont have the problem as bad. another thing im going to have a problem with is finding some one that will replace the heater core in it. all the shops ive been to look at my car and cringe and say hell no. even the shop i had my cv joints , ball joints replaced at said a big ole hell no. so im going to have a great time getting this car back to 100%. oh and it needs a tune up. i dont know when if at all they had one on it. but it dont mis, it purrs right along

Comment

Damn, your camera is amazing...makes it look as if the pics were taken in the 1930's!

Anyway, I'd find a fender and door at a junkyard...should be cheap and since they bolt right on it'll make a huge difference in appearence. Other than that the car looks pretty decent. Hard to tell with that 0.1 megapixel of a camera you have.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Yea the Cam is craptacular, i bought it at goodwill for $5 and it shows but i needed somthing to post pic's of stuff. lol 1930"s thats a good one and it looks like it to.

i will some day get a better Cam . ive wanted to find a few bodykits for it but i dunno where to lok for them for this car. and want a nice pair of rim's. ive seen some sweet protege's on a few sites including this site
              Last edited by madmax_2069; 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM.

Comment

man i keep forgetting on asking where can i find a site that shows the body color codes of my car. my body color code is SQ i dont know what mazda calls that color. it would be nice to find out or find a site that shows the body color codes

Comment

check out the Protege FAQ.... http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/

under model info it has color codes.. it looks like yours is blaze red
                  ClubProtege

Comment

nice thanks. ive been searching for a place for the color codes for about a month. thanks again

ok i found somthing that uses blaze red

thats the only thing i could use to show the real color cause of the so called 1930's wantabe cam is not showing the proper color lol
                    Last edited by madmax_2069; 05-09-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Club Protege Frank.

Corksport has bodykits for your car, as well as many other parts.

Where are you located?
                      Last edited by Jho; 05-09-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

yea i forgot to add my location info wile setting up a account i will get to that now. but i live in Springfield Ohio USA. thanks for the link Jho

BTW when everyone say's BP what are they talking about, i know this is a stupid question but i need to learn the lingo

Edit ok never mind i just figured out that BP was its a model of motor. mine is the B8-ME, i think when any one say's BP they mean BP-ZE right wich BP means 1.8 liter as well (and is always DOHC) , and Z is supposed to mean "performance version" which often means higher compression, aggressive camshafts, larger valves and/or intake & exhaust ports, and E is for "electronic fuel injection" am i right so far.

so to say the B8-ME is a turd right.
                        Last edited by madmax_2069; 05-10-2006, 03:57 AM.

Comment

b8 isnt that bad just not great. do the heater core yourself. its not hard just tedious (nothingon a car is really hard normally its just tedious.
                          mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Originally posted by madmax_2069
                            yea i forgot to add my location info wile setting up a account i will get to that now. but i live in Springfield Ohio USA. thanks for the link Jho

BTW when everyone say's BP what are they talking about, i know this is a stupid question but i need to learn the lingo

Edit ok never mind i just figured out that BP was its a model of motor. mine is the B8-ME, i think when any one say's BP they mean BP-ZE right wich BP means 1.8 liter as well (and is always DOHC) , and Z is supposed to mean "performance version" which often means higher compression, aggressive camshafts, larger valves and/or intake & exhaust ports, and E is for "electronic fuel injection" am i right so far.

so to say the B8-ME is a turd right.
                            Glad to see you're learning fast.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

kinda looks like mine when i got it and that was only about a year ago ....... with lots of time a little bit of money's you car can look like my crap box... first pic was just after i put my drop springs in and my 88 crx si rims on.
                              second pic was today without the drop springs (they'll be goin back in this weekend) and mx3 rims if you wanna get rid of your crappy seat belts for the candian ones i have a spare set lemme know if you want them
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by crazy_syco_smur; 05-10-2006, 10:27 PM.
                              as a great man once told me, speed doesn't kill, sudden stops do....

mazda speed is the shiznaz

Comment

Working...
                              X